• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

The overheat continues..fan help please !!

Discussion in 'Mach 1' started by notagt, Mar 24, 2021.

1. notagt

notagt Member Established Member

I am gonna go with the Painless Part # 30104 adjustable electric fan thermostat with relay kit and just go directly to fan, high speed only.

2. notagt

I could be wrong, but my though is fan is in reality 1 speed ( high), and resistor cuts current to run on low, this kit wired directly to fan should do it, all I'm worried about is with fan disconnected from 3 prong and resistor, is pcm gonna be confused when signal doesn't come back that fan is running from ccrm?

3. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

i believe you’re correct about the resistor

the direct control with relay is probably the easiest option. I’m running a mark 8 fan and it only has one speed. Just make sure you size everything for the voltage/amp draw of the fan and have big enough wiring. I had a fire in the engine bay of my lightning from a flexalite controller

the ccrm receives no feedback from the fan. All it’s gonna know is it hit temp to send voltage out

4. notagt

Good deal, I figured with this kit if I ever do viii upgrade I'm set, Painless comes with 40 A relay and 30 A fuse.

5. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

i believe you need more like 80 amp for mark 8. I’m seeing they continuously draw 40 amps or so and can spike to closer to 100 on start up

6. hotcobra03

hotcobra03 Well-Known Member Established Member

Power or ground is getting lost

The 30a circuit breaker in aux box

Check this when fan stops

On ccrm pin 14/17 are triggers from pcm for low speed and high speed

The fan not being big enough to cool is overrated, jmo

I find speaker wire works well to run jumper wires off connector to fan
    Strip it long and stick in barrel and connector should still fit back on to hold and still operate normally

Its just to check if power is there