The Old Corps......

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
On 10 Nov 1775, Samuel Nicholas was recruiting his first recruit for the new Marine Corps in Tun Tavern, Pennsylvania. His first recruit came up to him and Nicholas says, "Here, sign your name or make your mark. Here's $10 pay for the first month. Did you bring your rifle?" The first Marine recruit signed his name, took the money, and replied, "Yes, Sir, I have my rifle." Nicholas said, "Outstanding! Now go sit down in the back!" The second Marine recruit shows up. Nicholas says, "Here, sign your name or make your mark. Here's $10 pay for the first month! Did you bring your rifle?" The second recruit signs his name, takes his pay and replies, " No I don't have a rifle just yet." Nicholas says, "That's okay, we'll get you one. Now go in the back room and sit down with the other Marine recruit. " The second recruit steps in the back room, sees the first recruit, and sits at the table with him. The first recruit asks, " Hey did you bring your rifle?" The second recruit replies, " No, he said he'd get me one soon though." The first recruit says, " You know, in the OLD CORPS, we had to bring our OWN rifles!"

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread