The official sumped tank thread

bullittbuild

Established Member
If you have a sumped tank post up some pics please. I have a sumped tank in my car now just need to figure how to go about the lines.

bullittbuild

Established Member
It's probably a bit too early but I know there are some sick setups on here just hope they surface.

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
This is all I got right now.
DSC01010-1.jpg

candyroush

Established Member
The pump is supposed to be at or below sump level. The lines I routed just following the factory fuel line. The return line goes to the top of the tank (Mine has a bung welded on the top near the filler neck)
004.jpg

100_0075.jpg

Last edited:

BUMPSTICKS

Established Member
Product Engineering makes my pump and they wanted me to mount it in the trunk! Some pumps are different and mine defiantely has the capability to be run above the tank. It's not always so cut and dry.

candyroush

Established Member
Product Engineering makes my pump and they wanted me to mount it in the trunk! Some pumps are different and mine defiantely has the capability to be run above the tank. It's not always so cut and dry.

You are correct its not that cut and dry. Aeromotive recommends a gravity feed for their pumps on sump tanks. A pump at or below sump level would not run dry as easy (ie. start up, a pump above the sump has to suck fuel up to it when it starts spinning). I would think this would affect longevity. Alot of people mount their pumps high and have had good results. I followed Aeromotive's recommendations since I have their pump.

Last edited:

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
When you see two lines both at the same level its normally not the feed and return. Its someone running two feeds out of the sump to seperate pumps or to a y-block. There is most likely another line above those or in the top of the tank. You really do not want returning fuel coming right back near the outlet due to heat.

Like the other said some pumps need to be at or even better below the bung, mine (weldon db2025a) does not. It's one the reasons I picked it. I love the way the -12 line looks coming out, it looks like a garden hose lol.

Users who are viewing this thread