The Official MGW Shifter Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
had mine in for abot 6 months now. my impressions are the shifter has "broken in" but not loosened up at all. this thing works great! shifts are extremely positive and close with no slack and almost no noise.i believe it will last a lifetime. thanks mgw for a great product!

Show94Cobra

94 Rio Cobra
Established Member
I don't have the "famous" terminator cobra. Wish I did, altough my 94 is nice. I just wanted to make sure if it is a good idea to leave the stops out of the t5 or not. I think I'm goi to put them in. I know my shift boot is ripped so I ahve to look into that. What are the stops for? Man, I can't wait to slap on that orange shifter.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I think that on the T5 I would use the stops.

-jeff

HectorCobra03

Established Member
thanks for this great How To.

mine came only with a gold shifter. fells great and firm compared to the stock one.

j6eagles

Established Member
Great write up!!! They will help!! Where did you get the Terminator plaque? Thanks in advance!!

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
I ordered my MGW shifter the other day for the GT. Do I have to use the provided stops on my TR-3650 transmission?

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I installed mine today. Unfortunately I could not drive the car - it is winter here. But I can see how much quicker one could shift the car with MGW, compared to stock. The shifts are very quick.

Can't wait until spring.....

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
BigDaveDogg said:
I ordered my MGW shifter the other day for the GT. Do I have to use the provided stops on my TR-3650 transmission?

im curious as well. Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

spinscan

Established Member
I installed mine today, unfortunately my cigarette lighter outlet (radar detector outlet) is dead. I took the cover back off and everything looks ok. Any ideas?

Squabbin

Established Member
Just installed my new MGW ShortShifter and CobraBob shifter set on my 04' Cobra, and all i can say is WOW!!! Shifts are much shorter than I had even imagined with less audible noise as well. Crisp, precise, and quick are the three words i'de use to describe this setup. Big Thanks to MGW and CobraBob for spending time and coming up with quality performance parts for us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread