The Official Centrifugal Pulley/Boost Combo Thread!!!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Did some more tuning and the engine loosened up a bit. Old numbers were 860rwhp/750rwtq

1. 2V or 4V ( List what type of Heads, B-heads, C-heads, TFS, Stoke etc): 4V C-Heads (04 Cobra)
2. Type of Blower: Vortech JT Trim
3. Big Bore/Stroker/ Compression: 3.555 bore, stock stroke, 10:1
4. Ported Heads? Foxlake stg 3 (std size valves)
5. What Cams? Custom
6. What intake? (aftermarket, Ported, Ported Short Runner, etc): Sullivan Lower with a Berry Motorsports Upper
7. Intercooled(A/A) or Aftercooled or NO Cooler? Custom A/A with 3.5" piping
8. Exhaust Combo?: Kooks 1-3/4" Primary, full 3" off road exhaust dumped.
9. Pulley Combo (blower pulley size, crank pulley size) and belt length if you have it or remember: 15% O/D Crank, 3.33" blower, 115.3" belt
10. Amount of Boost you are seeing at X RPM. 16psi@7000rpm
11. Powerpipe?: Custom
12. HP/TQ: 909rwhp@7150rpm 692rqtw@6675rpm SAE, 16psi, 19* of timing. On 18* of timing it made 891rwhp..

Helomech74

Established Member
Anything else change in the tune? You picked up some power, but dropped a good bit of torque in the process. Still damn good though.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Anything else change in the tune? You picked up some power, but dropped a good bit of torque in the process. Still damn good though.
Nothing changed boost wise. Switched to ID1700's and tuned for those that's it. I don't really give two shits about the tq honestly. I don't need that. I was talking to Drew about that 750rwtq number on the last set. He thinks something was off with the dyno pick up for the rpm that skewed it a little or something.

Either way I'll take the power over tq.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Awesome build! I would re-dyno it and see what it does a second time. Could just be an error but I wouldn't base my results on that. Something could be off.

Nothing changed boost wise. Switched to ID1700's and tuned for those that's it. I don't really give two shits about the tq honestly. I don't need that. I was talking to Drew about that 750rwtq number on the last set. He thinks something was off with the dyno pick up for the rpm that skewed it a little or something.

Either way I'll take the power over tq.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Nah it won’t be dyno again. Horse power is accurate. That’s all I care about. Track outting went well as today too. She’s making some steam. It was ran on the dyno for tuning multiple times that day and made the same tq and hp.. So I'm not worried.. Dyno is a tool. We tuned more at the track so I'm sure the numbers are already off ahahaha

The reason the the tq is kinda all over the place is because we can't use the optical pickup on the crank pulley due to it being shiny.. It messes it up. So it's a snapshot from the rpm, speed, and rollers.

Last edited:

craigjames46

Established Member
hey guys I have a question I have a 98 cobra with a vortech v2 si stock crank pulley im goin down to a 2.87 anyone have a belt part number that will work

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
2011 Mustang GT 5.0, MT82 car
1. 4V Stock Coyote long block
2. ProCharger D1SC Stage II Intercooled
3. Stock bore and stroke, 11:1 compression
4. Stock Heads
5. Stock Cams
6. CobraJet Manifold w/Monoblade throttle body
7. Air to air intercooler
8. 1 7/8's Kooks long tubes, Kooks catted x-pipe, Borla OTA, Borla S-Type Axle back
9. 4.75" pulley, ATI balancer with stock sized crank pulley. Gates K080660HD V-Belt
10. About 9lbs of boost around 7800RPM
11. N/A
12. 626.78 rwhp, 493.69 rwtq

Going to be installing a 4.63 pulley soon to try and get to 10lbs of boost.

Helomech74

Established Member
1998 Cobra with stock timing cover
1. 4V B heads worked by Livernois
2. Procharger F1A-94
3. BB/Stroker 11:1 compression
4. Livernois Stage 3 port work
5. Custom grind Bullet Cams
6. Stock Cobra intake
7. Custom A/A Intercooler using Garrett cores
8. 1 7/8" x 3.5" custom headers, 3" catted x-pipe and 3" Ultra Flo's with 3" Tail Pipes
9. 3.8" 8 Rib head unit pulley w/ 10% OD IW Crank pulley
10. 24psi @ 7100 rpm
11. Custom made power pipe with giant AEM filter
12. 983hp/826tq

The car was tuned on C16 fuel and ran through a built 6R80.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
2. Procharger F1A-94
6. Stock Cobra intake
8. 1 7/8" x 3.5" custom headers, 3" catted x-pipe and 3" Ultra Flo's with 3" Tail Pipes
10. 24psi @ 7100 rpm
12. 983hp/826tq

Holy shit. Was this the newest creation?!!!

Helomech74

Established Member
Yep. Smaller blower (was a F1C-94 before). Made more power at the same boost and RPM. Nothing else left in the blower though, it was overspun by about 1000 rpm or so.

Blackedout

Established Member
2. Procharger F1A-94
6. Stock Cobra intake
10. 24psi @ 7100 rpm
12. 983hp/826tq

DAMN !! I need me a stroker motor and bigger F1 ... shoot me a couple motor pics if you don’t mind...

Helomech74

Established Member
It looks like a standard SN95 Cobra engine bay for the most part. The blower is driven by an 8 rib setup in the original location. It didn't make much more peak power over the F1C at the same boost, but it picked up in the mid range a good bit and it seems to hit a little harder/sooner. That could be a combination of the higher compression, cam specs etc. The headers are larger as well, but that didn't do much in terms of the low/mid power.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It looks like a standard SN95 Cobra engine bay for the most part. The blower is driven by an 8 rib setup in the original location. It didn't make much more peak power over the F1C at the same boost, but it picked up in the mid range a good bit and it seems to hit a little harder/sooner. That could be a combination of the higher compression, cam specs etc. The headers are larger as well, but that didn't do much in terms of the low/mid power.
Yea it's just a well thought out setup that's all. The higher compression def helps.. I was thinking about my headers. They are 1-3/4".. I always wonder what it would do with 1-7/8" but it's not worth the cost. At that point I'd probably go turbo lol

Blackedout

Established Member

More interested in the size of the intake tube 3” or 4” ??

Helomech74

Established Member
It's a 3.5" intake tube that I pieced together with silicone and aluminum elbows. I run a large AEM dryflow filter in fender with the intake tube on the street and used a bellmouth on the dyno.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
This will be my placeholder until the car gets tuned (hopefully coming up soon).

1. 2V or 4V
- 4V '04 C heads with BT springs
2. Type of Blower
- Procharger F-1A-94
3. Big Bore/Stroker/ Compression
- Boss block stroker 5.3/323ci 9.8:1 cr
4. Ported Heads?
- Stock '04 C heads with BT springs
5. What Cams?
- Stock '04 Cobra
6. What intake?
- Sullivan lower / HPP custom upper
7. Intercooled(A/A) or Aftercooled or NO Cooler?
- Treadstone TRST9 A/A
8. Exhaust Combo?
- JBA midlengths 1-5/8 with 3" collector, JBA 3" catted H-pipe, JBA 3" catback
9. Pulley Combo
- I'll have to check when I get home
10. Amount of Boost you are seeing at X RPM
- expecting ~25 psi
11. Powerpipe?
- Custom 3.5" aluminum with HPX-E MAF
12. HP/TQ
- TBD as soon as intake fab work is complete

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Curious to see how you installed that TRST9 intercooler. Doesn't it have the top side center inlet and a bottom corner outlet?

Affirm, that is how my piping is setup. My hood latch is deleted and cowl hood is hogged out up front to clear my 3.5” intake pipe that goes over the radiator support and into a front facing throttle body. I wanted the shortest routing possible, all of my pipes added together equal about 4 feet.

Users who are viewing this thread