The new stance

bumplime

Established Member
Ive yet to read anything solid so forgive me if its already been discussed.
In all of the videos it appears that Ford has fixed the 4x4 rear end look. Does anyone know what they did to achieve this? Are they using a "lowering" spring or did they address it through all of the suspension? Either way it looks much better than previous model years.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Not Sure what they did but mine looks pretty good.

Did scrape my sPlitter on the bottom yesterday :(

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ive yet to read anything solid so forgive me if its already been discussed.
In all of the videos it appears that Ford has fixed the 4x4 rear end look. Does anyone know what they did to achieve this? Are they using a "lowering" spring or did they address it through all of the suspension? Either way it looks much better than previous model years.

from what I understand the cars have the same stance as the SVTPP cars did from '10-12

Not Sure what they did but mine looks pretty good.

Did scrape my sPlitter on the bottom yesterday :(

do you have the complete splitter on? is it removable, from Ive heard its like 3 seperate pieces. Maybe you wanna keep one on for street driving and put the others on for shows or tracking? :shrug:

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
I would guess it's the painted side skirts and lower part of the rear bumper that makes it appear that it sits lower. Just your eyes playing tricks on you...

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I've got a couple front splitter pics..not the best, but they're better than nothing (i hope)

P5220012.jpg

P5220008.jpg

P5220010.jpg

P5220011.jpg

P5220009.jpg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I got out of the car, no shoes and all, and cursed.
Made me fit right in with everyone else in Garrett....

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
LOL! been there with the scrapes, thank god its only plastic! thanx for the photos again! :beer:

chuckstang

Established Member
random question, can you manually control those new led lights on the head lights?

I saw some pics awhile back where it looked really cool with the just the HID lights sort of illuminated and nothing else. I thought it looked like the eyes of a terminator :D

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes actually, and it looks ridiculous with just the parking lights on (yellow markers and LED bars only).

I the garage Pic above is actually that, but in the dark it's too bright shooting into the LEDs.

This car (body lines/lighting) looks best in my opinion just as it's starting to get dark.

chuckstang

Established Member
Yes actually, and it looks ridiculous with just the parking lights on (yellow markers and LED bars only).

I the garage Pic above is actually that, but in the dark it's too bright shooting into the LEDs.

This car (body lines/lighting) looks best in my opinion just as it's starting to get dark.

glad you like it, cause im torn on the whole LED thing, I just think it should have stayed with the euro cars but oh well, i guess the market demanded it. Are the fogs HID like the headlights as well? I know on the new GTs they used an HID fog which is pretty cool, I dont know any other cars like that but looking at just the lense on your car, it looks the same as the pre 13 cars.

Anyway, Im sure you must be tired of answering such nit picky questions and just want to drive it! haha

:beer:

blair223

Established Member
I was reading through the owners manual and they indicated that the bottom pieces are easily owner removable with basic tools so they can be replaced or left off if desired

Users who are viewing this thread