The new skyline

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
i'll take the g35 coupe instead, thank you... and they'll use a v8 in the car? why do i doubt that... that would be a slap to the face of japanese engineering...

The number of cylinders (or lack there of) really doesnt have anything to do with a certain engine being technologically advanced or not. Take Ferrari V8's for example; We all know there's alot more there than just 8 simple cylinders lined up in a V when it comes to those power plants.

Last edited:

SVT Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
The number of cylinders (or lack there of) really doesnt have anything to do with a certain engine being technologically advanced or not. Take Ferrari V8's for example; We all know there's alot more there than just 8 simple cylinders lined up in a V when it comes to those power plants.

actually i should've clarified that what i meant was, a v8 in a jap sports car would be a first :shrug:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
actually i should've clarified that what i meant was, a v8 in a jap sports car would be a first :shrug:

Yeah, I agree though, the Skyline getting a V8 does sound far fetched. I wonder what a Japaneese performance V8 would sound like. European V8's are ussually higher pitched, some not all, than the gurgley low rumble produce by an American V8. I just cant place the tone of a Japaneese V8.

nj7703

Established Member
That is actually the 2001 GT-R concept car that later became the inspiration for the 350ZX. That is NOT the next Skyline, thankfully, just concept :-D .

Here is a link from an Australian site with pics from Dec 02.

http://www.importdriver.com.au/News.htm

Not much better:xpl:

Last edited:

redghost

Established Member
Speculation has it that the V8 will have to do because of emissions. A twin turbo V6 is nasty dirty. Look at the WRX. It is single turbo 4 but has mundo emissions stuff on it. Way plugged up. If they want performence and sell it in Cali. The V8 is the ticket. Oh by the way FX45= V8 300+ hp. Already on the market. The pefict platform.

Ladies and gents. I think we have a winner.

But I still wouldn't give up my Cobra. take a look at the G35 Vs. Cobra thread. Looks like a lamb to the slaughter:)

Snake Eyes

Established Member
That concept is 2 or 3 years old. It wasn't even considered for production, (not even in Japan). Nissan just wanted to test out some ideas and let the Japanese public know that the R-35 is on the way. Unfortunately for them and us, it is still on the way.

SVT Cobra

Established Member
GTRHolidayCar1lg.jpg

that does look alot like the g35...

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
it IS the G35. its not like it. the Skyline in japan, IS the new infinity G35. Identical in every way. outside, inside, engines..all the same!

the GT-R hasnt been released yet, but speculation lends me to believe it will be AWD and turbocharged 3.5.

(for those who dont know, the skyline in japan is just a family sporty car, that can be had with many different engines, and trim packages. the sporty ones come with 2 doors, and the Top of the line sklyine is the GT-R)

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
From what I've heard, the new Skyline will be powered by a twin turbo V6. The platform should be a slightly modified FM, which is basically what all the Nissan and Infiniti cars and SUVs use. The motor will be built by Cosworth, and will also contain electronic anti-lag devices for each turbo. Basically, the turbos have an electric motor keeping them spooled up for zero lag. It will also have AWD (of course) and probably all the cool data-logging stuff that came with the R34 GT-R

Users who are viewing this thread