The new JLT carbon fiber intake

jasong712

Established Member
I understand that JLT has had issues with their carbon fiber manufacturer and had to do away with selling carbon fiber intakes. I read that they are now hydro dipping these intakes.

Does anyone have any pics of the hydro dipped intakes? I looked on the JLT site and I'm not sure if the pics are true carbon fiber or the hydro dipped.

Any help is appreciated!

justablur91

Established Member
Also looking at this intake also wonder how the hydrodipped looks conpared to the real thing, its about the same price as real carbon so i dont get it figured hydrodipped would be a cheaper option

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hydrodip looks perfect, whereas real carbon fiber doesn't.

Real carbon fiber has a matte finish and h-d is shiny.

The h-d products are applied over a painted finish. Take the JLT 123mm, smooth and paint (think of it as a primer coat) then apply the Hydrodip design.

justablur91

Established Member
Bj, how does the jlt 123/127 flow compared to a cj123 maf im about to make a purchase and cant decide im sure it comes down to looks i can see one or the other flowing better since they are the same size

jasong712

Established Member
Hydrodip looks perfect, whereas real carbon fiber doesn't.

Real carbon fiber has a matte finish and h-d is shiny.

The h-d products are applied over a painted finish. Take the JLT 123mm, smooth and paint (think of it as a primer coat) then apply the Hydrodip design.

Cool!! Thank you

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Bj, how does the jlt 123/127 flow compared to a cj123 maf im about to make a purchase and cant decide im sure it comes down to looks i can see one or the other flowing better since they are the same size

The flow should be the same. The cj 123 maf imo has a better look and goes well with cj throttle body.

Last edited:

justablur91

Established Member
Im trying to decide between the cj123 and the jlt123 love the look of the cj but hate having to piece together a intake tube and be in over $700

builttodrive

Established Member
Im trying to decide between the cj123 and the jlt123 love the look of the cj but hate having to piece together a intake tube and be in over $700

I just sold my CJ123mm intake for $475 shipped on the market.... I bought it for my new set up ..liked the look and it sounded like it performed well but VMP suggested I should use the JLT 123mm intake instead so I sold it.

justablur91

Established Member
Yeah i hear ya on that, the cj looks bad ass under the hood but cant justify the cost if i can get the same performance out of a $350 jlt123 id rather put the money elsewhere in the tvs swap

builttodrive

Established Member
Really? Any reason why

Just said they preferred to tune on the JLT. I've only read good things about both and I was able to sell the CJ for a bit more than the cost of the new jlt 123. I liked the look of the the CJ polished MAF housing but I think the one piece tube on the Jlt does look cleaner and there is less chances of air leaks around clamps.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I been using the CJ 123 for quite a bit now, coupled with the 123 inlet...zero issues. I also run a CJ tb. Love the looks, and my tuner had ZERO issues tuning it. Also there are several routes you can go with the intake tube, you can use the older intake tubes from 07~09, they are one piece and fit the CJ 123, also if you use the CJ 123 inlet, it fits the same way, leading into the TB as the stock one does.

But true, they can be expensive unless you can find a great deal on them. But man o man do they look good underhood.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I been using the CJ 123 for quite a bit now, coupled with the 123 inlet...zero issues. I also run a CJ tb. Love the looks, and my tuner had ZERO issues tuning it. Also there are several routes you can go with the intake tube, you can use the older intake tubes from 07~09, they are one piece and fit the CJ 123, also if you use the CJ 123 inlet, it fits the same way, leading into the TB as the stock one does.

But true, they can be expensive unless you can find a great deal on them. But man o man do they look good underhood.

The old saying is you get what you pay for. Imo the frpp maf is just that.

Users who are viewing this thread