The new GT500

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Just like some of you I've posted some comments in the 2020 GT500 section. The thread about whether you are going to buy one when they are available has lots of people posting there saying they will buy one.

I posted there too saying I might be interested but unfortunately if I do want to get into the new ride I have to can both my current whips (09 Z06, 13 GT500).

I do wish that I can keep them both and add to the fleet but that's not possible (I'm jealous of those of you that can add a new car to their stable and not needing to sell a car or two to do it, and have the real estate to keep them all).

So basically, my question is if the new GT500 checks out and performs as it should and has no real issues would you can your current whips to get into that ride??

Tony

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Bieng older in school I basically have mine as I’m getting into and going through law school and hopefully can buy the new one in about 4-5 years all things going well.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Just like some of you I've posted some comments in the 2020 GT500 section. The thread about whether you are going to buy one when they are available has lots of people posting there saying they will buy one.

I posted there too saying I might be interested but unfortunately if I do want to get into the new ride I have to can both my current whips (09 Z06, 13 GT500).

I do wish that I can keep them both and add to the fleet but that's not possible (I'm jealous of those of you that can add a new car to their stable and not needing to sell a car or two to do it, and have the real estate to keep them all).

So basically, my question is if the new GT500 checks out and performs as it should and has no real issues would you can your current whips to get into that ride??

Tony
I cant even consider trading in my 13 GT500 for one. (Even if money were not an option) Though the 2020 appears to be a real bad boy with cool looks and real performer, I cant get past the automatic tranny! They should have at least offered a stick. I honestly would rather mod mine and keep the straight shift. Certain muscle cars just require a manual gearbox in my opinion and the GT500’s are one of them...

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't afford to keep my current car and buy the new GT500. I would have to do a trade-in unfortunately. Plus, I only have a one car garage and couldn't bear to leave one of them outside all the time.
The new GT500 is going to be going for a ton of cash. lol

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Clarification: I will not sell my current one. My step dad has like 6 mustangs in back and I’ll liely be the same lol

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Unequivocally and emphatically, NO.

I strongly prefer a stick shift over a selector knob, a clutch over paddles, and S197 looks over S550 looks. I remain very happy with my '13 and have NO desire for a '20.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thankfully I have the means and space to add this car next to my 2014.
I’ll be swapping my Hellcat for a truck to keep the wife happy and out of utility, but I’m really looking forward to custom ordering the car and the whole process.
Also I’m a big fan of the DCT. At some point a manual trans limits performance and if you’ve driven a good DCT at the limit on track, you’d know the DCT is still very involved and fun.
I’m not going anywhere, nor is my 2014, so I’ll be glad to post some impressions and pics/videos of both cars together.
-J

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I ordered my 14 partly based on the " look " of the S550.
To get my attention now, the 2020 would have to show up @ 872 hp !!

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not getting rid of 2014. Going to add something, just haven’t made up mind on what. I hate how cheap the interior is in 2014 GT500. I do like the new interiors.

A big no on selector knob. Hate those things.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Not getting rid of 2014. Going to add something, just haven’t made up mind on what. I hate how cheap the interior is in 2014 GT500. I do like the new interiors.

A big no on selector knob. Hate those things.
Depends on what you like/want but the GT350/350R has a slick shifter and different character than our Trinity GT500. I think it’s be a nice complement if you want a new Mustang, otherwise many other classic stick shift cars available.
I guess my point is the DCT is great for track numbers, but there also comes a time when power and weight is at a balance for a performance clutch and manual trans. A 4200# (with driver) and 750hp pony car may be much more livable with an auto. I really like my Hellcat Charger but at 4500# and 700+hp in a DD package, I am completely fine with that ZF A8.
-J

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I adore the s197 GT500.. especially in the 2010+ body. If i had a 13/14 car, i would NOT dump it for a 2020 GT500.

Hell.. i have a decently fast 2018 Mustang GT and i wouldnt give it up for the new car either. Nope.

Oddly enough, in the next year or 2, I'll probably add another S197 GT500 (probably a 2010) to my stable in addition to my current 2018 car. Or a Boss 302.

But im not getting rid of my 2018. This car is far and away the most fun, fastest, most comfortable Mustang ive ever had. The new GT500 would need an honest 1000hp for me to be interested.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
The new car has pretty well guarantee the 13/14 model is destined to be on the list of "Greatest Shelbys" ever made. MO. If only the shifter design was better...…………..

Blkblk13car

Established Member
The new car has pretty well guarantee the 13/14 model is destined to be on the list of "Greatest Shelbys" ever made. MO. If only the shifter design was better...…………..
I’d love that to be true since I picked one up for close to 30k flat and would love to have something that holds above that but I’m not convinced.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Depending on your age, the original or current owner of a 13/14 probably won't see the car appreciate in value during the next decade or further in time it'll be longer than that before it happens. I'll be 6 ft. under by then so if these cars are still around in good/great condition whoever owns them then will see the increase.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Depending on your age, the original or current owner of a 13/14 probably won't see the car appreciate in value during the next decade or further in time it'll be longer than that before it happens. I'll be 6 ft. under by then so if these cars are still around in good/great condition whoever owns them then will see the increase.

I’m fairly young late 20’s, I’m second owner but for whatever it’s worth my father in law is the ford mechanic who deals with the Shelby and gt super cars around here for basically evreyone. He’s decently known in SFL and the guy I bought it from was a friend of his who was an older gentleman and just daily drove it. I have records of evrey tiny thing done to it maintenance wise and was lucky enough to have the mechanic who basically first touched the car still on it today lol. I’ll have high miles but I’ll no doubt have a mechanically strong model with no accident history. I don’t need a increase I’d just like to keep the value I have plus a little maybe

Users who are viewing this thread