The new Cobra R for sale and want to buy thread

Shhhh

Established Member
I posted in the Market section but figured I'd post in here as well. Im looking for a '00 R. The mileage doesn't matter. I'd prefer stock or something that can be brought back to stock form but that's not a requirement. Obviously more paperwork the better, i.e. black binder, dash plaque, ect.. I'm not looking for a bubble museum car. Something in the 30's to 40's price range preferably.

I'd love for it to be in the SE somewhere but I know I can't be too picky. I'm located just south of Atlanta.

Thanks,
Phillip

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I posted in the Market section but figured I'd post in here as well. Im looking for a '00 R. The mileage doesn't matter. I'd prefer stock or something that can be brought back to stock form but that's not a requirement. Obviously more paperwork the better, i.e. black binder, dash plaque, ect.. I'm not looking for a bubble museum car. Something in the 30's to 40's price range preferably.

I'd love for it to be in the SE somewhere but I know I can't be too picky. I'm located just south of Atlanta.

Thanks,
Phillip
Happy hunting Phillip! The 00R is one of my top 2 favorite Mustangs of all time! You are going to love it!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I posted in the Market section but figured I'd post in here as well. Im looking for a '00 R. The mileage doesn't matter. I'd prefer stock or something that can be brought back to stock form but that's not a requirement. Obviously more paperwork the better, i.e. black binder, dash plaque, ect..
Thanks,
Phillip

Not sure what you will find in this price range but just know with only 300 built it won't be something that will be easily be brought back to stock. If you buy a modified car be prepared to live with it like that if the items missing are R specific.

Tom

Shhhh

Established Member
Not sure what you will find in this price range but just know with only 300 built it won't be something that will be easily be brought back to stock. If you buy a modified car be prepared to live with it like that if the items missing are R specific.

Tom

It all depends on what is done to the vehicle but some things I could live with and some things I could not. As for the prices. I tried to go off of what I've seen posted on here and a couple of auction prices I found. I figured a higher mileage(10k+) with some to no modifications would be in the 30's to low 40's but I know the market is ever changing. Thanks for the heads up though.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Morning everyone,

New to the forum here, i just found out this existed. I'm a member of the Ford GT forum and through these times we are going through and more spare time then normal. I figured let me see if there is one for Cobras and here i am.

I see there is a 00R going to mecum in June Indy, #52 with 480miles, if anyone knows more info?

Goose17

Established Member
Morning everyone,

New to the forum here, i just found out this existed. I'm a member of the Ford GT forum and through these times we are going through and more spare time then normal. I figured let me see if there is one for Cobras and here i am.

I see there is a 00R going to mecum in June Indy, #52 with 480miles, if anyone knows more info?
Just checked it out on their website. It looks like a great example! Two questions you need to dig deeper into: 1. Is the black binder included? That is not shown or listed. 2. Is the hood original and does it have the infamous blisters? Check the bottom side of the hood for the diagonal brace and the decals near the front... these are the telltale signs of an original hood.

Good luck! It looks fantastic!

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Man you got an awesome garage, holy love 00R and mystichrome cobra. Excuse me while I pick up my tongue from the floor. Lol yea trying to find an original 00R with the black binder for a while. I know this one at mecum was suppose to go earlier this year but because of the virus pushed back to a later auction. Figured I post it here if anyone knows anymore info about this particular one or others for sale

Goose17

Established Member
Man you got an awesome garage, holy love 00R and mystichrome cobra. Excuse me while I pick up my tongue from the floor. Lol yea trying to find an original 00R with the black binder for a while. I know this one at mecum was suppose to go earlier this year but because of the virus pushed back to a later auction. Figured I post it here if anyone knows anymore info about this particular one or others for sale
Thank you sir!

That car looks perfect! Just inquire about those 2 items so you can adjust your bidding accordingly. You’ll love the R... it’s an amazing machine! Good luck!

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
Thank you sir!

That car looks perfect! Just inquire about those 2 items so you can adjust your bidding accordingly. You’ll love the R... it’s an amazing machine! Good luck!

Your welcome, just saw your garage tour video. Just wow amazing love the set up :) and yes inquired about those things. It does show the black/white svtcertificate and plaque #52

doomid66

Established Member
Hello,
relatively new to this group as far as posting. I picked up a 95R recently and am in love! I am looking for a 2000 R if anyone has or knows of one available. Im okay with some miles, not looking to leave in the garage, just all original and documented/binder.
thanks in advance!
Shane

Goose17

Established Member
Hello,
relatively new to this group as far as posting. I picked up a 95R recently and am in love! I am looking for a 2000 R if anyone has or knows of one available. Im okay with some miles, not looking to leave in the garage, just all original and documented/binder.
thanks in advance!
Shane
Congrats on your 95 and happy hunting for your 00R! They pop up in various places periodically. Typical prices today are 40s for cars with a fair amount of miles or mods and 50s for pristine lower mile examples. Wrapper cars are more yet. Anything sold in the 30s has “issues.”

TFStang

Established Member
Numbers on the 00R’s seem to be holding their own lately and it looks like they are on a lot of people’s radar for a “want to purchase”. I highly recommend that anyone that wants one get one now. I see these cars going up from here.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
If you want to sell a Cobra R, I say post a thread here, the SVTP market section, BAT (Bring a Trailer), and some of the collector car magazines.

You should have a few excellent pictures with a mention of paper work and history.

I have posted cars and rare guns in all of these places. They all got sold, but one took 6 months.

I think it is great time to post it. You will get a lot of lowball offers that you ignore. A good offer will come forward.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Still not sure, I have had these R's for at the least 10 years, the 93R since 06 and my 00R since 04, price has changed. I hate to jump ship to soon. They have become a investment at this point.

oregon87

Established Member
I'm in a similar position. I've had mine for sale for a bit, but I'm considering pulling it off the market based on what I'm seeing from recent sales. Very curious to see where the Mecum car finishes.

Users who are viewing this thread