The never ending project

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
As some of you are aware I've been collecting parts and working on this swap for a decent bit of time. Well between a small deployment, buying our first house and getting a new DD I've gotten a little side tracked. Never the less, we made lots of headway this weekend. Got the fuel system all buttoned up and back in the car as well as getting the blower back on. Im just waiting on my 3.0 pulley and some fluids then she will be ready to come out of her 9 month hibernation!!! Oh and I think my anniversary present this year was a nudge to tell me to finish the car haha

Cant't wait to hear her again!!
(For those that dont know, 2.3 whipple, dual 465 walboro return style system, E85, ID1000s)

My OCD got me here
HkFJTv.jpg

This was the anniversary present nudge! I have a very awesome wife!
xj6vye.jpg

Little stuff to button up but almost ready!
jiaMuV.jpg

Cant leave out the new DD
eZnVEs.jpg

Rambro

Established Member
I'm also doing a 2.3 whipple on e85. Are you doing a 4 pound lower too? Let's get some details on the setup.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I'm also doing a 2.3 whipple on e85. Are you doing a 4 pound lower too? Let's get some details on the setup.

Yes details

Fore Fuel Rails
Fore Dual Pump hat w/2 465 walboros
FC3 Controller
Hobbs Switch
-8an feed/return
ID1000s
2.3 whipple Gen 2
Accufab Single Blade TB
BA3000
X Cal 4 tuner
TR6 plugs
AFR500
04sleeper tune

2.6 Pulley for the E85 tune, 3.0 for 93 tune. I'm preparing myself for conservative numbers but I'll be happy once she's back up and running! I went ahead and put a new set of redline struts on the hood as well as sanded down and painted the tank straps

DVYTMZ.jpg
atoaE7.jpg
1qvBBm.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
I tried to buy that 2.6" pulley from the previous owner and he wouldn't separate it from the blower. You're very lucky to have found one as those are rare as hen's teeth.

You'll love Kevin's new tune.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I tried to buy that 2.6" pulley from the previous owner and he wouldn't separate it from the blower. You're very lucky to have found one as those are rare as hen's teeth.

You'll love Kevin's new tune.

I heard haha, he told me a bunch of people were trying to get it from him. Im looking forward to just having the car running again. I forget what the 450rwhp felt like, let alone what my E85 tune will do!

What jack stands are those? Def getting your money's worth

You are a dirty bastard Zak. Harbor freight as always

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
nice project looks great! I'm predicting a "holy sheeet" soon followed by a big ass grin first time you punch it on the 2.6rr and 04sleeper corn tune :rolling:

Rambro

Established Member
Do you have headers? Our combos are almost the same except I have a 2.70, mafia, and billetflow tb. You definitely have a unicorn in that 2.6 pulley.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
nice project looks great! I'm predicting a "holy sheeet" soon followed by a big ass grin first time you punch it on the 2.6rr and 04sleeper corn tune :rolling:

That's what I'm expecting and Im gonna try and take it easy for awhile till I get back into driving her. But Im looking forward to shitting my pants on that first full WOT pull!!
Do you have headers? Our combos are almost the same except I have a 2.70, mafia, and billetflow tb. You definitely have a unicorn in that 2.6 pulley.

Awesome! I'm on stock manifolds for now. I plan on going full tubular front suspension and LT's next winter. The 2.6 is absolutely saving me from having to get a lower pulley haha

Users who are viewing this thread