The mod madness has begun!

GNasty

Established Member
Yup, thats right. I made the call Thursday and ordered the Magnaflow catback. The Steeda CAI is on the way as well. The car only has 700 miles on it and it is going under the knife. Does the urge to go fast ever stop? Lets hope not. I would like to pass this gene on to my 3 year old son!

Kyle

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Just had the Magnaflows installed, :beer: Love the sound. Still researching the CAI's. Right now running a K&N with the silencer cut off at the fenderwell.

GNasty

Established Member
Glad to hear you like the sound. That makes me feel better about my decision. I hope I am happy with the Steeda CAI, I will let you know.

Kyle

GNasty

Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
Wait until you here it WOT!better than any CD I own for sure.

You are right. I love the sound. This is what the Mustang V-8 is supposed to sound like.

Kyle

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by GNasty
You are right. I love the sound. This is what the Mustang V-8 is supposed to sound like.

Kyle

Hey guys, I'm hooked on the sound the MagnaFlows make. If you haven't done the MagnaFlow catted X Pipe yet, do it! The sound becomes more exotic and awe inspiring. It sounds like a Euro super car with a V-12 when under load.

Enjoy!:beer:

Robin

GNasty

Established Member
Originally posted by Annihil8or
Hey guys, I'm hooked on the sound the MagnaFlows make. If you haven't done the MagnaFlow catted X Pipe yet, do it! The sound becomes more exotic and awe inspiring. It sounds like a Euro super car with a V-12 when under load.

Robin

Don't tempt me. I love the sound of the maggies. It sounds wonderful at wide open throttle. Now my Steeda CAI should be here Friday. I am all giddy inside. I am more nervous than a virgin on prom night! :p

Kyle

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by GNasty
Don't tempt me. I love the sound of the maggies. It sounds wonderful at wide open throttle. Now my Steeda CAI should be here Friday. I am all giddy inside. I am more nervous than a virgin on prom night! :p

Kyle

LMAO, I can remember - nice metaphor! But I would be derelict in my duty as a fellow 03 bro' if I didn't advise you of the intense sensory and kinetic enjoyment that awaits you once you add the maggie catted X-pipe. The car will sound exotic and mean even at half throttle and no boost as you accelerate through the gears. It reminds me of the sound of a 12 cylinder Ferrari Daytona. And you wil feel the increased power!

Then, when you are ready, get a TB (I recommend Accufab) and feel the increased throttle response at all RPM along with another 25 RWHP@6,400 RPM. My car was transformed into something I have only dreamed of with these few mods.

You may not believe this but it's true. I usually leave the stereo off due to my preference for the symphony created by the maggies and the Cobra. But if you like to maintain a low profile don't get the catted X-Pipe because everywhere you go heads will most assuredly be turning - that is, if the heads are attached to bodies that still have a pulse.

Next, I'm giving some very serious consideration to a Kenne Bell to replace the Eaton and possibly a Predator. I'm at the point now where I lust for more power. I want it all.

Have fun, be safe and good luck with your awesome machine!

Robin

:beer:

ken03

Established Member
Can anybody tell me what my car will sound like with this setup? I ordered it yesterday, can't wait!!!! Anybody have this system on there 03. Any numbers?

JDM Longtubes
JDM Catted H-Pipe
Magnaflow cat back
JDM Chip

Thanks
Ken

:beer:

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Originally posted by Annihil8or

Robin

That's the next mod, prob a week or so.:thumbsup:

GNasty

Established Member
Who has the best prices on the catted x-pipe? Does anyone know the part number off hand?

Thanks,

Kyle

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Congrats on the mods.
The URGE never stops. The faster you go, the faster you want to go. I'm 50 and still want more, quicker, faster, speed. :burnout:

GNasty

Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Congrats on the mods.
The URGE never stops. The faster you go, the faster you want to go. I'm 50 and still want more, quicker, faster, speed. :burnout:

Larry, you are right. The urge never stops. I am never satisfied with a car. My neighbor asked me last night if I was satisfied with the way it ran now. I told him no way, I need more power.:beer:

Kyle

Torqemonster

Established Member
I held out all of one month without mods, I a sickness that eventualy inflicts everybody, but don't get me wrong I don't want a cure...happy moding

GNasty

Established Member
Yeah, I held off for as long as I could. But seeing everyone having so much fun I had to jump in. I had my car 3 weeks before I gave in.

Black Chip

Established Member
Mag. Tru-X

Originally posted by FX-Man
That's the next mod, prob a week or so.:thumbsup:
The part # for Magna- Flow Tru-X with cats is MAG93335 I got mine from Brothers Performance $449+ship.
The others described it like I was thinking Ferrarri-ish?? BAD!
The fit is perfect too!!:beer:

GNasty

Established Member
Re: Mag. Tru-X

Originally posted by Black Chip
The part # for Magna- Flow Tru-X with cats is MAG93335 I got mine from Brothers Performance $449+ship.

Thanks for the info. My Steeda CAI went on Thursday. I haven't driven the car yet (back problems) but I am sure it will be nice!

I guess the mac x-pipe will be finding a home under my car now!

Thanks again!

Kyle

SVT4ME

Established Member
Stock sound of the Cobra is weak. I would like a more deep sound too it. Am sure that mod will help.

Black Chip

Established Member
Re: Mag. Tru-X

Originally posted by Black Chip
GNasty just saw your reply, remember Magnaflow!! Not Mac! Nothing but problems with them in the past on my 5.0. CHEAP!!

Users who are viewing this thread