The Matrix 4 Trailer

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
@Corbic tries to be all cool and calls them deathtones...

Very similar on how I got suckered into watching Brokeback Mountain...Anne Hathaway's titties. Before all of you get crazy

Ex: Let's go watch Brokeback Mountain
SSj4Sadie: What is it about?
Ex: Anne Hathaway shows her boobs
SSj4Sadie: You son of a bitch! I'm in.

I mean, you just Google the said scene if it exists and you save yourself 2 hours of BS. Ex huh, I woulda bailed too after that lmao.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Didn't those brothers settle a lawsuit about stealing the idea/plot/script/whatever for the whole thing?
Its my understanding that's why the second and third movies went so far down the shitter - when the first one went gangbusters they got scared because they knew they didn't own the rights to make the story into a movie (they could do what they wanted with it in written form or something along those lines). They were hoping to change it enough that they'd be able to make that legal argument and not have to pay out a bunch of money if the creator realized what was going on.

Again, this is a vague recollection of something I heard years ago.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
If you have HBO it's a free stream at release date.
Thanks for letting me know it's on HBO. With that said, HBO is a paid service and if it's on that service, the service paid for it to be there. Therefore, they'd still be getting dimes albeit it indirectly.

I have my means of watching it should I choose to

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Its my understanding that's why the second and third movies went so far down the shitter - when the first one went gangbusters they got scared because they knew they didn't own the rights to make the story into a movie (they could do what they wanted with it in written form or something along those lines). They were hoping to change it enough that they'd be able to make that legal argument and not have to pay out a bunch of money if the creator realized what was going on.

Again, this is a vague recollection of something I heard years ago.

All basic BS. They copied my script but I don't have a copy of it because it was stolen by ninjas.

If anything, they basically ripped off a series of 1980's Anime including, and most obviously, Ghost in the Shell.

The biggest failure of the Matrix was to underestimate the audience intelligence. The reasons machines keep humans was to use us as a linked bio-computer system channeling that "90% unused brain power". The idea that we'd make good batteries is idiotic.

This was considered to "far out and hard to understand" so... Yeah.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

All basic BS. They copied my script but I don't have a copy of it because it was stolen by ninjas.

If anything, they basically ripped off a series of 1980's Anime including, and most obviously, Ghost in the Shell.

The biggest failure of the Matrix was to underestimate the audience intelligence. The reasons machines keep humans was to use us as a linked bio-computer system channeling that "90% unused brain power". The idea that we'd make good batteries is idiotic.

This was considered to "far out and hard to understand" so... Yeah.

That whole thing doesn't make sense. "Hunans are a virus" if the point is we use up resources and move on because we are ultimately consumers, how does it make sense to use us as a power source. It'll always be a net negative by definition. Not to mention the 3rd movie they broke through the clouds and...SUN! ****ing crazy robot tech can't come up with a solution, platform or balloon or something above the burnt layer.

I just enjoy the metaphor and nice visuals. Actual science behind it makes no sense.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
That whole thing doesn't make sense. "Hunans are a virus" if the point is we use up resources and move on because we are ultimately consumers, how does it make sense to use us as a power source. It'll always be a net negative by definition. Not to mention the 3rd movie they broke through the clouds and...SUN! ****ing crazy robot tech can't come up with a solution, platform or balloon or something above the burnt layer.

I just enjoy the metaphor and nice visuals. Actual science behind it makes no sense.

It also kinda negates the idea that Robots would be smart enough to run off nuclear or fossil fuels.

They don't need the environment after all. Hell, they could dig and build giant geo thermal plants.

I had really hoped at some point in that mess, at the end, it was revealed that the robots just have a natural affinity to mankind since we created them. Locking us away was their solution for 1. Survival, 2. Ending the war and 3. Allowing mankind to live in "peace" and not the hell scape the world had become.

The fact that human suffering continues in the matrix is purely the result of man's own doing. It's a simulation, if we wanted it could be utopia be we collectively choose to create this world. The back up is the robots are ensuring humanities survival into the eons.

How bonkers would that be, but that the "simulation" is created at the dawn of mankind and lasts untill our digital extinction. This explains the "missing link". The robots just insert 3,000 (estimate for total number of first homo sapians) fully developed humans into a fresh word and we have to start from scratch. And 30,000 years later we end up in the 1990's before nuking our selves.

Then you find out this loop has happened hundreds of times. So literally, humanity as blossomed and died out hundreds of times over hundreds of thousands of years.

For a millions of years the world has been barren and destroyed, ruled by robots - who failed to contact any extraterrestrial life, came to the realization that their only purpose was to protect and manage mankind who is unique and alone in the universe.

Then having Reeves in the real world being confronted with that truth. That the very nothing of "give humanity a chance again" had played out over millions of years and always ends in failure... It's like, how can you argue with that? The crushing nihilism of it all.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
The first Matrix was great, the story was cool and the effects were fresh and exciting. The next two were garbage, just a bunch of effects with a poor confusing story. This new one looks like it will be another high action effects crazy movie with a confusing plot.
Two things wrong with the premise of the first movie: Using humans for energy. And dying in a simulation.

You'd get more energy just burning the food stock you're feeding the humans. And you wouldn't have to house them, medicate them, modify them, keep them from getting sick, meet their environmental needs, or run an elaborate virtual reality program to keep them oppressed. And if you've got fusion, you definitely don't need a couple billion gallons of human soup.

Now what would have made sense is: they use the humans for the one thing at which human minds excel over any (so-far) AI: parallel processing.

Users who are viewing this thread