The Martin family grows...

convert03cobra

Established Member
I miss my dog being a pup. They are so much work but so much fun when they are that little. Good luck with the new puppy!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Congrats Sean!!!!! I totally miss having a dog.

Thanks, Tim!! You know, there is 1 male and 1 female pup still available from Blitz's litter... Let me know if you're interested :beer:

I miss my dog being a pup. They are so much work but so much fun when they are that little. Good luck with the new puppy!

Thanks. You're right on both accounts!! :beer:

UPDATE:
Last night went VERY well. He slept through nearly the whole night (one potty break around 11:30pm) and didn't whine/cry/howl nearly at all. So, it would seem, that after 2 awful nights, he finally realizes we're not going anywhere when he goes into his crate. Thank God because another sleepless night would not have made me a happy camper... :rockon:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Thanks, Tim!! You know, there is 1 male and 1 female pup still available from Blitz's litter... Let me know if you're interested :beer:

I wish.....Unfortunately I have to wait until our house sells or we decide to stay here before I can get another dog. I know one thing though. Both me and my daughter are ready for a new pup now! My wife feels we can wait though so I am willing to abide.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
UPDATE:

Blitz is 12 weeks and 1 day old today. We snapped some pics:

Blitz12wks_1lr.JPG

Blitz12wks_2lr.JPG

Blitz12wks_3lr.JPG

Blitz12wks_4lr.JPG

Blitz12wks_5lr.JPG

Blitz12wks_6lr.JPG

I love this dog. He's so freaking smart, sturdy, athletic, good lookin' and well-mannered :rockon:

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Congrats. GSD's look so tough with an all black face. I have my dobie on german commands too. Make sure you keep him busy and he'll learn anything you give him. :thumbsup: Do you plan on doing any trial work with him like schutzhund?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Congrats. GSD's look so tough with an all black face. I have my dobie on german commands too. Make sure you keep him busy and he'll learn anything you give him. :thumbsup: Do you plan on doing any trial work with him like schutzhund?

We haven't decided on SchH yet. His father AND mother are both SchH3 GSDs. He DEFINITELY has the drive to do the work. Just haven't decided if we want to do that yet.

Blitz will definitely be doing personal protection work, regardless of whether we put him through SchH trials or not. We have already started imprinting our 'alert' and 'bite' words, encouraging him to take the bite on his back teeth with toys and making him adjust when he does not. As anyone who does protection or SchH type work knows though, we need to have him PERFECT in obedience on AND off lead before we move to the real protection work.

So, the short answer is: we aren't sure if we want to do Schutzhund yet, but he will do protection work. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread