The Mach 1 lives again!

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Warning - It's about a 23 minute video! LOL.
But it captures a recap of the build, my 1st start up, the dyno session, and my drive around and overall check of the car.
If you watch it all, then enjoy! Thanks!
Ryan

Cliff notes -
VMP 2.3 supercharger
Built 4.6
Ported heads
Custom Cams
E85
6R80 conversion
704rwhp on break-in tune and low boost (about 19-20 pounds)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're one happy guy, as you should be. Nice power and great build. Gotta love the sound of cams.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Nice job! Pointing out some odd popup ad on your thread.
110807f6a65c17bc5b0c5443b1ba18f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bunits19714

Established Member
Awesome build- when you were dyno testing the car you stated 5th gear , most 6r80 cars get dynoed in 4th gear. or less depending on the rear gear of the car. (mine gets dynoed in 3rd)
Love the car, great job on the build.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Warning - It's about a 23 minute video! LOL.
But it captures a recap of the build, my 1st start up, the dyno session, and my drive around and overall check of the car.
If you watch it all, then enjoy! Thanks!
Ryan

Cliff notes -
VMP 2.3 supercharger
Built 4.6
Ported heads
Custom Cams
E85
6R80 conversion
704rwhp on break-in tune and low boost (about 19-20 pounds)

Congrats on getting it back up and running and I just realized you're ttsaleen on Instagram lol, your terminator is badass.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
You're one happy guy, as you should be. Nice power and great build. Gotta love the sound of cams.

I didn't talk about it, but I had to set my idle much higher than I liked to around 1100.
This was necessary as when I put the car into gear, it tries to cut off.
I have a Circle D 3B converter (5 disc) lockup in the car from my TTSaleen. This clutch pack is dragging and causing it to load the car at idle and pull the engine down. If I let off the brake, the car would drive off at idle, which it should not do.
I talked to Circle D today and they recommended for this power combo to convert to a 3 disc lockup and it should resolve the draggin at idle problem.
This will allow me to reset the idle back to a lower rpm (around 900-1000) and get the chop-chop back.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Awesome build- when you were dyno testing the car you stated 5th gear , most 6r80 cars get dynoed in 4th gear. or less depending on the rear gear of the car. (mine gets dynoed in 3rd)
Love the car, great job on the build.
Yeah I normally dyno it in 4th or 5th depending if I'm simulating a 1/8th or 1/4 mile run. It has 3.73 gears and a 26.5" tall tire and we spin it just over 7k.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Congrats on getting it back up and running and I just realized you're ttsaleen on Instagram lol, your terminator is badass.
Thanks. Yes I've been on SVTP since November 2000 when I joined I owned a red 2000 Ford Lightning truck - hence my screen name. If only I could get my name changed to TTSALEEN on here would be cool..............

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't talk about it, but I had to set my idle much higher than I liked to around 1100.
This was necessary as when I put the car into gear, it tries to cut off.
I have a Circle D 3B converter (5 disc) lockup in the car from my TTSaleen. This clutch pack is dragging and causing it to load the car at idle and pull the engine down. If I let off the brake, the car would drive off at idle, which it should not do.
I talked to Circle D today and they recommended for this power combo to convert to a 3 disc lockup and it should resolve the draggin at idle problem.
This will allow me to reset the idle back to a lower rpm (around 900-1000) and get the chop-chop back.
I was going to ask you about the idle. The rumpy lope sounds cool, but there's that fine line where, like you said, the engine wants to cut out. Totally understand you saying you had to increase the idle a bit to keep the beast alive when you put it in gear.
upload_2020-9-9_21-54-8.png

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I was going to ask you about the idle. The rumpy lope sounds cool, but there's that fine line where, like you said, the engine wants to cut out. Totally understand you saying you had to increase the idle a bit to keep the beast alive when you put it in gear.
View attachment 1661884
It's such a pain to have to pull this car back down just to get the converter back out! But that is clearly what I need to do next so it will idle properly when in gear. Outside of that, the driveability is fine but in reality at this power level I don't need a 5 disc lockup. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread