The GT500 brought me back to Shelby

Crushinator

Established Member
My last GT500 was a '12 with a TVS from a '13. That car made 680 at the wheels. Several different cars later, my last being a '17 Z06/Z07 I bought new in 2017. When the C8 came out, I was interested but not overly enthused with buying a base car. However, I put my order in for a 2021 C8 6 weeks ago.

(stay with me here) About a week after I ordered it, a buddy of mine, who is the GM at the local GMC/Cadillac dealership, came over to my house for beers. Of course we talked cars for a while, and he informed me that the Ford dealership he used to work at recently had a GT500. So I asked him to call the sales manager there, who is an acquaintance of mine. I talked to him and asked him how much they sold it for, which he said MSRP. I let out a "uuuugghh, can you get another one?" and laughed. Surprisingly he said he didn't know. I thought he was going to laugh and say no. Fastforward to last week, and I get text from my Cadillac GM buddy saying they were in fact getting one more this year and if I wanted it to call them ASAP. After several calls and a few texts, my C8 order is cancelled and my GT500 should be here in about 8 weeks! I'm seriously pumped about this car. He told me about the Golden Ticket but manged to make it that I didn't have to order the carbon track package. Although I would've loved it, at $18,500 I couldn't swing it. So I ended up ordering a Kona Blue, white stripes and side stripes, Recaro's, Tech package, handling package and carbon fiber dash trim. No ADM, just straight MSRP.

I can not wait to post pics! I hate to wish my life away, but I hope like hell the next two months fly by!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats.
But to be clear, you had a golden ticket order available at MSRP or they didn’t have it and you just wanted a custom ordered base car?
Nice combo.
-J

blue 07

Established Member
Nice choice in car and color combo ! Post some pics when you get it.
IMG_2589.jpg

Crushinator

Established Member
Congrats.
But to be clear, you had a golden ticket order available at MSRP or they didn’t have it and you just wanted a custom ordered base car?
Nice combo.
-J

I had a golden ticket Available at Msrp but was able to order the car without the carbon track package. From what he told me, the golden ticket cars were for track pack cars only.?. It took some calls to some higher ups in Ford but they were able to order me the car without the track pack.

eagle eye

Established Member
I had a golden ticket Available at Msrp but was able to order the car without the carbon track package. From what he told me, the golden ticket cars were for track pack cars only.?. It took some calls to some higher ups in Ford but they were able to order me the car without the track pack.

WOW, a CF car at MSRP? The deal of the century.
I just looked at a CF car yesterday at Geneva Ford in upstate NY. Just came in yesterday morning. $97,385 + $25K
I'm still salivating.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
WOW, a CF car at MSRP? The deal of the century.
I just looked at a CF car yesterday at Geneva Ford in upstate NY. Just came in yesterday morning. $97,385 + $25K
I'm still salivating.

Seriously... OP needs to find a way to swing the CFTP car at MSRP then immediately put on ebay for $20k+ profit.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did the dealer tell you when you should receive your VIN? Once you have that you'll be in line to get the build week, I believe.

Crushinator

Established Member
Did the dealer tell you when you should receive your VIN? Once you have that you'll be in line to get the build week, I believe.

He did not. I'm hoping it's in the next couple weeks, but if not, no big deal.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
8 weeks is very optimistic unless they already had the order placed and just changed options. I placed my order on July 4th and got my vin 2 weeks ago with an expected production date of Oct 5.

TFStang

Established Member
Opting out of a Golden Ticket car at MSRP????? Working it out with the factory to drop the CFTP? Don't think that will be a common occurrence. Best of luck with your purchase, but the additional $18.5K would have been well spent on the Golden Ticket car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do hope this order goes through the process for you smoothly. I'm not feeling really rosy about the dealership. Not saying they're bad, just feeling maybe you're not getting the correct info. But you don't care apparently if their 8-week estimate is a pipe dream, so if it take 3+ months to get it you'll apparently be fine with that.

Crushinator

Established Member
Opting out of a Golden Ticket car at MSRP????? Working it out with the factory to drop the CFTP? Don't think that will be a common occurrence. Best of luck with your purchase, but the additional $18.5K would have been well spent on the Golden Ticket car.

Most definitely not a common practice. I would've loved to order the CFTP. I tried, believe me I tried. I thought about pulling the extra money out of my retirement, but figured the divorce that would've followed would've been way more expensive. :)

Crushinator

Established Member
I do hope this order goes through the process for you smoothly. I'm not feeling really rosy about the dealership. Not saying they're bad, just feeling maybe you're not getting the correct info. But you don't care apparently if their 8-week estimate is a pipe dream, so if it take 3+ months to get it you'll apparently be fine with that.

I does seem a little too good to be true, but they've always been a great dealer for me. Back in '13 I had an order for a '13 GT500 at invoice when everyone else was charging 20 over. I decided to put a pool in that summer and skipped the '13 but ended up buying a '12 from them for under invoice. We'll see what comes to fruition as far as time goes. I'd love to have it ASAP, but if it takes longer, it's no big deal. Winter is coming soon enough here so it'll just sit anyway.

Crushinator

Established Member
The dealer called today and said the order was picked up by Ford yesterday. He figures I should/could have my VIN in about a week. How long am I looking at from your experiences. Since it is a 2020 I'm assuming it'll have to be done by the end of the year.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
The dealer called today and said the order was picked up by Ford yesterday. He figures I should/could have my VIN in about a week. How long am I looking at from your experiences. Since it is a 2020 I'm assuming it'll have to be done by the end of the year.

Id verify, I don't believe the order is picked up until the vin is issued or atleast that's how my dealer made it seem. I placed my order on 7-4, I received my vin on 8-22 w/ a production date of 10-5.

Crushinator

Established Member
Id verify, I don't believe the order is picked up until the vin is issued or atleast that's how my dealer made it seem. I placed my order on 7-4, I received my vin on 8-22 w/ a production date of 10-5.

Ok I'll do that. Thanks for posting your time frame. That's what I was looking for. I'm guessing best case scenario for me will be the end of November and probably more realistic the middle to the end of December.

Users who are viewing this thread