the frustration continues......

benzopyrene

Established Member
Man! I have never had as much trouble on a car before as I am having on this 2011 mustang tremec magnum xl install with ARH header.....First no matter what I do I can get the headers on. I've had a few of my friends over to try and help.....no luck. Today I decided just to go ahead and get the tremec installed, and deal with the headers when I can drop the K member completely. Got the flywheel on easily, yada yada, all was going well until I put the pressure plate on. Started torquing the pressure plate bolts down on the Mcleod RXT. Get to 35 lbs per the instructions and then on like the fourth bolt it just keeps turning. Finally, I realize that something is not right. Well I take all the nuts off the pressure plate and sure enough one of the studs on the gold backing stripped right out......so I have a call into JPC, but man I am so frustrated right now. This Crap just is not working out well for me.....I have never had this hard of a time on my 66 mustang. Anyway, needed to vent. Hopefully I will get it figured out. You know the mcleod instructions are very confusing IMO. The go through this step by step walk through which is great and they say to torque down like a 3/8 inch nut to 35 ft lbs, but the RXT has 7/16 nuts instead of 3/8. On the very back of the instructions it actually says for 7/16 nuts torque value is 65 ftlbs, so which is it? They don't specify RXT vs RST....I mean is it really that hard to put a chart with each model represented with the torque values? Pet peeve of mine for just about every car part I get. Im usually pretty saavy about this stuff but this particular issue has been very frustrating. Not a whole lot of instructions with the tremec either, so we'll see how that goes when its time to wire it up. Im sure Ill be on the phone with JPC a few times about that. Anyway, thanks for listening..... of to go down a beer or 5, because now I have to wait to for a new plate before I can do anything on my car. It is not my intention to knock anybody about this.....just sharing a frustrating story from today. Cheers all!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Once you get it figured out and everything up and running you'll forget about this frustration, its all a part of it , doing a big install. You'll love the Tremec!...

Darufe

Established Member
I feel for you bro.... I love hos the t56 comes with an exploded view and detailed instructions about how to put in the god damn shifter but nothing about installing the damn thing. Or a wiring diagram and suggested cable routing.
Look on the bright side. I have to pull it all off now because the instrucrions mention dowel pins on a 4.6 and 5.4 and not to put em on on other models...guess what?! 5.0 same as 4.6 and 5.4 /rage
So it now has developed a crazy vibration pas 4500rpm....
Good thing those arp bolts arent yield to torque atleast.

benzopyrene

Established Member
Just as a note. Mcleod is sending me a new adapter ring. No fuss! So Ill be back in business here shortly! I love a company that backs their product and makes it easy! Thanks Mcleod racing!

Users who are viewing this thread