The fire extinguisher that WON'T save your car from a fire. (test video)

agh1889

Established Member
Losing my car to a fire is the biggest fear I have. I bought these Element fire extinguishers rather than going with a traditional extinguisher, one for space, I can fit 3 of them in my glovebox. Two the Element extinguishers have a very long shelf life. I drove my car around (93 Supra/03 Cobra) all summer with peace of mind thinking that if anything happened I'd be covered. I decided to test them out to get a better understanding of how effective they are. Checkout the link below to see how the test went.

Zemedici

Established Member
200w.gif

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Not clicking and giving you the views just on principle.

I could have told you that a fire extinguisher the size of a flare isn’t going to do shit.
It's a helpful video and he isn't one of those idiot OMGGG cheesy YouTubers with their fake hype.

I've seen lots of advertisements from that company showing those things put out considerable fires and have thought about getting some, but definitely won't waste my money thanks to this video. Very practical showing things burning that are actually part of a car with some gasoline added. I wonder what would happen if you just strike start a few of them and toss them into the barrel with the fire.

agh1889

Established Member
It's a helpful video and he isn't one of those idiot OMGGG cheesy YouTubers with their fake hype.

I've seen lots of advertisements from that company showing those things put out considerable fires and have thought about getting some, but definitely won't waste my money thanks to this video. Very practical showing things burning that are actually part of a car with some gasoline added. I wonder what would happen if you just strike start a few of them and toss them into the barrel with the fire.
Thanks buddy,

A few people from the Supra community gave me a few different brands of extinguishers to try. I'm really doing these videos so I can know what will work if the worst was to happen. Figured I'd capture it and show everyone cus this stuff does happen way too often.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
What's wrong with a good old 2# abc extinguisher? Am I missing something?

I carry two in the GT500, one at the front passenger seat and one in the trunk.

agh1889

Established Member
What's wrong with a good old 2# abc extinguisher? Am I missing something?

I carry two in the GT500, one at the front passenger seat and one in the trunk.
The benefit with these was no shelf life or charge, also I can fit about 5 of them in the car and dont need to have them in any type of mount. But seeing that they dont do sh*t looks like an ABC is the better option.

Users who are viewing this thread