The fastest way to feel like your car is slow

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
is to go to an event with 2000 hp cars. Wow, talk about an ego crusher, LOL. I'm doing the Pike's Peak Airstrip Attack this weekend and this is literally the first I see in the parking lot at the hotel.

LSX, Pro Mod Heads, twin 88mm turbos...

Wow.

PHOTO_20170616_172518_zpspsihdqon.jpg

PHOTO_20170616_172529_zpsd5uc2n2v.jpg

Pribilof

Established Member
My best run of the day was 147.98 mph. Had some traction issues but had a fantastic day.

First time getting to use the WOT box. No lift shift worth the install.

Pribilof

Established Member
Lucas Racing went 252 mph in their GTR yesterday. DA was close to 10k ft

edit: today they went 255mph, new record

Last edited:

Pribilof

Established Member
Lessons learned:

1. I need more traction, badly. First, as we all know, is worthless. Second is basically worthless as well, even with the nannies. Thinking BMR goodies plus some some smaller wheels to run M/H Racemasters or MT Street R.
2. VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger allowed me to do multiple runs in a row with no issues. I did 4 runs in a row and my temp only got up to 128 in 90* heat.
3. Not used to shifting into 5th at WOT. I missed that shift a few times this weekend.
4. Bring a real camera and take more photos next time
5. Go do this event every year!

First run of the day. Crap launch versus a Chevy SS badged as a Holden. Reeled him back in but ran out of road.

Got totally smoked by a Mclaren. Like I wasn't even moving.

Last run of the day. Picked up a random passenger. Some dude in a prior gen Camaro ZL1 wanted to play. He got left in the dust.

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
Lucas Racing went 252 mph in their GTR yesterday. DA was close to 10k ft

edit: today they went 255mph, new record

English Racing, owned by Lucas English. He just drives it though, ETS (partner shop) built it.

Also the red Z is owned by Morris Malone. English Racing is like 25 minutes from my house and I've ran into Morris at local race events very year. It went 220 mph by the way on his last pass

RBB

Established Member
Looks like you had a great time man, that's all that matters. The first few times are always a big learning experience. If you're still on stock tires and suspension then you need to upgrade, it'll make a world of difference. BMR panhard, relo brackets, LCAs, UCA and some drag radials will let you launch that thing a lot harder.

And turn all your nannies off next time, they do nothing but interfere and make you slower in these situations. Traction control especially, it's completely intrusive and totally useless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread