The Dark Tower movie

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm both excited, and scared for this movie. As someone who's read the entire series of books several times (and all of SK's books), I'm just hoping they don't screw this up. I realize it's a different story, and doesn't follow the books. I also realize nothing they can do will take away from how great the books are. But they can seriously mess this up if they don't do it right, IMHO.

I'm not thrilled about the casting choices. The image I have in my mind of Roland, for instance, kind of matches the pictures in the illustrated versions of the books. But I'm trying to keep in mind it's a different story. We'll see how it goes. I'll be seeing this opening night for sure.

EDIT: On another note, I'm absolutely PUMPED about the remake of "It".

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'm both excited, and scared for this movie. As someone who's read the entire series of books several times (and all of SK's books), I'm just hoping they don't screw this up. I realize it's a different story, and doesn't follow the books. I also realize nothing they can do will take away from how great the books are. But they can seriously mess this up if they don't do it right, IMHO.

I'm not thrilled about the casting choices. The image I have in my mind of Roland, for instance, kind of matches the pictures in the illustrated versions of the books. But I'm trying to keep in mind it's a different story. We'll see how it goes. I'll be seeing this opening night for sure.

EDIT: On another note, I'm absolutely PUMPED about the remake of "It".

Big fan of the books as well, read them as a kid. I would have pictured someone like Viggo Mortensen or Javier Bardem playing the role, a weathered, weary old gunslinger...Idris Elba is too young and I don't think he can convey that cold, ruthless nature of the Gunslinger from the books. Viggo and Javier can do that with just a look. I will still go see the movie of course and hope that I am wrong about Idris Elba.

Coiled03

Established Member
The hell? How did we wind up with two threads with the same exact title? LOL>

Zodiac

Established Member
Definitely looking forward to this. The cast has me a bit worried. Really they couldn't find someone better to play the man in black?

Also love the tie ins to other SK works in mid world (Pennywise and the balloons) and the picture on the psychiatrists desk (hotel from The Shining).

This could be huge.

Now if they could make a damn Talisman and Black House movie.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Definitely looking forward to this. The cast has me a bit worried. Really they couldn't find someone better to play the man in black?

Also love the tie ins to other SK works in mid world (Pennywise and the balloons) and the picture on the psychiatrists desk (hotel from The Shining).

This could be huge.

Now if they could make a damn Talisman and Black House movie.

its one thing to say I dont like there choice of the man in black, fine. Its another to say they could have found someone better and you havent even seen the movie

I said the same thing when it was announced that Heath Ledger was playing the Joker and boy was I wrong

Zodiac

Established Member
its one thing to say I dont like there choice of the man in black, fine. Its another to say they could have found someone better and you havent even seen the movie

I said the same thing when it was announced that Heath Ledger was playing the Joker and boy was I wrong

I guess we'll find out. Either way, I'm still looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread