The Dark Knight Rises

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Bought my IMAX tickets with reserved top seats. Movie like this deserves the best viewing you can get. Sure enough, was a hassle to get them, website was down and buggy a lot of times. I can only imagine how many people were mad if they didn't get their tickets.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Bought my IMAX tickets with reserved top seats. Movie like this deserves the best viewing you can get. Sure enough, was a hassle to get them, website was down and buggy a lot of times. I can only imagine how many people were mad if they didn't get their tickets.

your right, let Imax compete with surround sound, and plasma and LCD TV. Also I don't have to sit with some smelly ass person next to me or hear others talking and answering the phone

I would gladly pay $50 to watch this at home rather then to ever to go the movies again

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
I'll be seeing it for sure.
your right, let Imax compete with surround sound, and plasma and LCD TV. Also I don't have to sit with some smelly ass person next to me or hear others talking and answering the phone

I would gladly pay $50 to watch this at home rather then to ever to go the movies again

Do you not know what IMAX is? It's generally more of a white collar crowd too, so the smell isn't so much of an issue.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

I agree in a way. This is one of the reasons why I love going to opening weekends. 90% of the time that's ive seen movies, only the serious people who want to watch it with no distractions go opening weekends ESPECIALLY on Imax films. Whenever I see them a few weeks after, seems like the people who don't care much about it end up going.

The row I picked has no seats around, in the middle is for handicapped people so there's plenty of space around. IMAX and their surround sound IMO still unbeatable vs at home.

Wikkd03

Established Member
I agree in a way. This is one of the reasons why I love going to opening weekends. 90% of the time that's ive seen movies, only the serious people who want to watch it with no distractions go opening weekends ESPECIALLY on Imax films. Whenever I see them a few weeks after, seems like the people who don't care much about it

it's the complete opposite here. Opening weekend usually means a bunch of annoying punk kids that have no respect for anyone in the theater. They Hollar across the theater, talk on their phones etc. I wanna go see it bad but won't go anytime soon. Our theater is a regular hangout for teens with no DL and their parents drop them off. All they wanna do is start fights etc...not worth going and dealing with the idiots.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
it's the complete opposite here. Opening weekend usually means a bunch of annoying punk kids that have no respect for anyone in the theater. They Hollar across the theater, talk on their phones etc. I wanna go see it bad but won't go anytime soon. Our theater is a regular hangout for teens with no DL and their parents drop them off. All they wanna do is start fights etc...not worth going and dealing with the idiots.
Trust me, i've seen that crap before. There are some theater's around me where the punk kids hang around. Some even go around "crusing" :nonono: in the theater parking trying to show off what POS they own. The theaters I go to now are a bit more pricey than your avg theater because of the reserved seats. $15 a seat over $11 at your regular theater. IMAX theaters go around $20 a seat, so you can imagine which one these kids go to/ can afford to go to. To top it off, I have a friend that gives me the tickets half price :banana:

Sometimes he won't come thru but I would still rather pay that price over the cheaper theater.

Last edited:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I've never been a fan of Imax but i might actualy have to do this one in that version, i say the 1st Nolan batman in Australia in Imax while we were deployed was really really cool.

SNCBOOM

Established Member

+1 I don't go to the movie theater very often but we always wait a week or so after it opens and try to go earlier during a weekday.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member

+ 1

I'll wait usually a month or more and go on a week night to avoid all the assholes that go to movies nowadays. I'm pretty close to giving up on going to the movies all together, too many people texting, talking, kicking seats, etc. I just can't handle it anymore. I guess part of it is my fault for being easily distracted. If someone is whispering three rows back I'll hear it and won't be able to pay attention. Oh well.

ViciousJay

Established Member
+ 1

I'll wait usually a month or more and go on a week night to avoid all the assholes that go to movies nowadays. I'm pretty close to giving up on going to the movies all together, too many people texting, talking, kicking seats, etc. I just can't handle it anymore. I guess part of it is my fault for being easily distracted. If someone is whispering three rows back I'll hear it and won't be able to pay attention. Oh well.

samehere, but there is a technology that can be used with the microsoft connect that can take heat samples in a room so when they come out with a movie it will register the body heat in a room and charge person to view the flick without evening having to go to the theatre

it was pretty neat stuff to see actually work a the tech show i went too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread