The cross road state Indiana

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Indiana: you have to go through us to get somewhere interesting.

Also left NY for a job here. It's boring as ****. Food is pretty terrible. But big daddy government isn't telling you what you can't do every step of the way, and robbing you blind in the process like NY, so that's nice. Lots more jobs, at least compared to upstate.

Pretty red state in general, outside of Indy, Bloomington, and Gary, which is basically just Chicago. As you can imagine, some areas in Indy and pretty much all of Gary are pretty murder-y. Lots of meth and heroin out in the country but it's not as bad as it used to be. Real estate market is ****ed no matter where you go.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
Crank up those OT hours.

Even 80 around here is pretty solid assuming you have responsible habits.

What are are you looking into?
Are you talking about 80hr in the check or total package? Only way im getting that close to it here is if i work a Sat or Sunday which is rare these days. Yea pretty reasonable don't life check 2 check and have good credit. Still lot's of iffs to make this happen

Twisted2v

Established Member
I’ve never been a fan of Lake County. It’s a dated area stuck in the 70s/80s and you want to avoid Gary and the surrounding bubble, as well as anything north of interstate 80. So you’re pretty much stuck in this little square unless you want to go into small town country.

I always enjoy going into the west and northwest suburbs around Chicago. Seems like nice and upcoming developments.

Users who are viewing this thread