The cross road state Indiana

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
With my field of work getting shitty here in NYC. There might be a opportunity with a local that has decent bennys etc. Is the 11hr drive worth it to check it out for a few weeks just myself? I would be willing 2 take the family and staying out there if all goes well. Some ppl say im crazy and some say I'll make it no problem at all. And no im not some hipster liberal with trash ideas. Any ideas suggestions or comments greatly appreciated guys!!

MG0h3

Established Member
Sounds like a plan to me. You can find weekly rate hotels if that’s an issue.

I’m guessing by a few weeks, you have the job lined up already?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Are the benny’s related to the stimmi’s lol

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Indiana is still a red state. Whatever you do gtfo of NY, it's a major shithole. Is your wife a conservative too? If so double win.
Just get used to a little slower place and different way of life in the mid-west. The culture different but better in every way except the pizza.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
We don’t have a bunch of lunatics running our state here in Indiana…for the most part. Lots of agriculture in Indiana, pretty much everywhere you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Just depends what part of the state you’re looking at.

Lake County sucks in genera due to the aforementioned Gary, as well as it’s proximity to Chicago.

Indianapolis has a few suspect areas. But like most metropolitan areas, the suburbs around Indy are pretty affluent.

Everywhere else, for the most part (minus college towns) is pretty standard middle class, conservative leaning, run-of-the-mill midwest state.

Anywhere not already mentioned is going to have pretty low cost of living. Starter homes can be had (well, let me rephrase... before this blown up market) in the 100k range, and homes with a few acres in the country can be had in the 200’s.

Corbic hates Indiana, so if he chimes in, read with caution.

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Southern Indiana area is nice as well. I go to the Evansville area a few times a year and never have any complaints. They just big enough to have airport that flys to most yet not be so big that you are ever stuck any type of traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
What part of the state is the job located?
I live in a small town outside Ft Wayne and love it! 15 minute drive to Ft Wayne, low cost of living, and limited number of douchebags. Firearms laws aren't the best but not bad. Property taxes are going up but nothing compared to NY.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
What part of the state is the job located?
I live in a small town outside Ft Wayne and love it! 15 minute drive to Ft Wayne, low cost of living, and limited number of douchebags. Firearms laws aren't the best but not bad. Property taxes are going up but nothing compared to NY.

North or South? Maybe we are neighbors...

Edit: Huntington...
We aren’t neighbors.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I went from jersey to south Texas

Major change.

Just visited my boys 1 lives in Indiana the other just across border in Ohio,

Indiana was just as bad as here ,,bunch of nothing. Extremely slow paced compared to NYC

I stayed in Richmond and did go to Indy to race go carts at fastlane

Lots of places for Frisbee golf.

Try it out, can't hurt to see

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Been here for about 15 years. Love it. Moved from the butthole side of St. Louis.

In West Lafayette where we have our fair share of liberals due to the university. Still mostly ran by R's though and a spinkle of sane D's.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow once again SVT comes through in the clutch!!! Yes me and my wife are conservative Republicans. Not sure what the local covers for jurisdiction wise but i think it was lile 2/3s of that so they didn't really say towns etc. Im just not trying to get my hopes up because i heard from a organizer that there's 30 months of work on the books. Im just waiting on a layoff check to head out there lmao

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Wow once again SVT comes through in the clutch!!! Yes me and my wife are conservative Republicans. Not sure what the local covers for jurisdiction wise but i think it was lile 2/3s of that so they didn't really say towns etc. Im just not trying to get my hopes up because i heard from a organizer that there's 30 months of work on the books. Im just waiting on a layoff check to head out there lmao

If you can avoid waiting go now. Sell your house in SI while it's worth so much and a year from now you'll be looking back wondering why you didn't do it sooner.
What county or region, the wage rates are easy enough to look up.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
If you can avoid waiting go now. Sell your house in SI while it's worth so much and a year from now you'll be looking back wondering why you didn't do it sooner.
What county or region, the wage rates are easy enough to look up.
I wish i had a house payed off in SI unfortunately im in a apartment. I need like another 320 hours from my local to get the medical and pension credits. If i just left now that's a year in the garbage. I think the rate for local 22 was 33.80 a hr not 100% sure though

Adamn

Established Member
I’m not sure how your union, I’m assuming iron workers, works but I was a carpenter in Ohio for 12 years and wages were based on the county you worked in. Also depending on your local, you might have to sign “book 2” which is for out of town members looking for work which takes a back seat to local members. I would strongly suggest talking to a business agent from the local you would be moving to to get all the info you need before making any decisions.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
33.80 an hour is different in non-Chicago-Indiana than it is in other regions.

Come make 80-110 and do you bro.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m not sure how your union, I’m assuming iron workers, works but I was a carpenter in Ohio for 12 years and wages were based on the county you worked in. Also depending on your local, you might have to sign “book 2” which is for out of town members looking for work which takes a back seat to local members. I would strongly suggest talking to a business agent from the local you would be moving to to get all the info you need before making any decisions.
Yea im not gonna go out there until the BA gives me the real deal on how it is etc

Users who are viewing this thread