• Ford Racing 99-04 IRS Cobra #M5300J

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
H&R Race Springs, No isolators at all. Ride feels relatively stock. UPR Caster/camber plates. Still awaiting alignment. Work done yesterday.

Afterlowering.jpg

PA SNAKE

Established Member
Got the H&R Race Springs installed on the Vert yesterday, Stock isolators all the way around...

Pictures to come...!!!

Secesh

Established Member
H&R's website lists the Race Springs for HT only. They work on vert's as well?
Same amount of lowering or different?
The site also recommends upgraded shocks/struts. Are people doing this or keeping the stock parts?

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
The stock shocks are fine on the Terminator. I believe the verts are a little heavier so require a different spring in the rear but I am not 100% on this.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Secesh said:
H&R's website lists the Race Springs for HT only. They work on vert's as well?
Same amount of lowering or different?
The site also recommends upgraded shocks/struts. Are people doing this or keeping the stock parts?

They really lower about the same on the coupe and 'vert. The reason the part numbers are different for the sport spring for coupe/vert is because the vert version has an extra half coil.

For a 'vert with race springs, I'd upgrade your struts to coupe struts at least. Vert stock springs are a LOT softer, and the shocks/struts are valved for that rate.

ttuplayboy

Established Member
not a cobra but its got H&R SS with MM isolators all the way round....

DSCN0065.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

DSCN0061.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

and here is a pic of my pos UPR CC plate(3 months old) that failed and sent a strut through my hood, thanks UPR
DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

I have MM CC plates coming in this weekend im replacing with....I am wondering Im not getting the slammed look some of you have got so I was wondering about which ISO's to remove from the front since the fronts will be out for the CC plates, might as well do it......Just wanted yalls opinion on how I can get my front stance lower to get that agressive look

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
PA SNAKE said:
Got the H&R Race Springs installed on the Vert yesterday, Stock isolators all the way around...

Pictures to come...!!!

Thats what I'm doing next week....Pics Please!!!!

ttuplayboy

Established Member
Do yall think it would look funny to remove all the front ISO's if there are MM Iso's in the rear? Or i should swap bottom out with stock ISO? guess im just stuck on what i should do & think my car sits rather high for having H&R SS springs.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
Keep the stock iso's they are there for a reason you know. You are going to have some noisey springs without them.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Thats not true my springs make no noise and I have no isos It depends on the car and the springs Hissman had eibachs and said the noise was horrible. How ever I have no noise with my setup.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
ttuplayboy said:
Do yall think it would look funny to remove all the front ISO's if there are MM Iso's in the rear? Or i should swap bottom out with stock ISO? guess im just stuck on what i should do & think my car sits rather high for having H&R SS springs.

I'd just pop out the top one. I've never heard any noise from not using them. Sounds will be transmitted through the springs (read: road noise) because they won't be isolated as much, but probably not enough to notice.

Last edited:

klarkent42

Man of Steel
Established Member
ive been doing research on springs. i think ive got it narrowed down to h&r. im confused though, i dont know wether to go with the race or sport springs?? which ones have the more comfortable ride and which ones are stiffer?? which ones will lower the car more?? iso's i'll look into later...

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
I have the Eibach springs (not sure which ones, but I'm guessing they're the earlier model #) and the rear rides a good inch or so higher than the front. How much would the rear drop if I removed the top and bottom isolators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread