• Ford Racing 99-04 IRS Cobra #M5300J

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

04cobrasvt

whipple charged
Established Member
hey i was wondering what every one thought about coilovers. i was thinking about buy a set for the rear of my car and keep my H&R race springs in fornt .to get a little more ground clearance due to the fact my 315 bfgs rub from time to time. also has anyone put slicks on a car that has H&R race springs on it?

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
04cobrasvt said:
hey i was wondering what every one thought about coilovers. i was thinking about buy a set for the rear of my car and keep my H&R race springs in fornt .to get a little more ground clearance due to the fact my 315 bfgs rub from time to time. also has anyone put slicks on a car that has H&R race springs on it?

I've never heard of anyone just doing rear coilovers. Usually if people just have coilovers on one end of the car they're on the fron't. (like me)

mags

Cobra Ink
Established Member
A guy at WMS told me that Steeda is the only spring that has tried to fix the wheel hop problem. Doesn't totally fix problem but better than other after market springs.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm new to this and will be ordering H&R race springs today or monday but where can I get the MM iso's for the front as it seems that the stock ones may be a tad low for me. Also about how much are they? I don't want to hit speed bumps and such.

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
How does the car handle/ride quality with the stock isolaters removed. Thinking about removinr the iso's with my H&R race setup.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i was wondering if anyone has the H&R SS Springs on with front isolators only?

SN8KBITN

New SVT user
Established Member
New to site, I went with eibach pro kit, looks and rides awsome! would post pics but not sure how to when is says enter the URL of you image?

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Here is a pic of mine with the Steeda Sports. I like em alot, I wasnt looking for a slammed look and these gave me what I want... I just put them on about a week before these pictures and only drove it twice so it might settle a bit more. Sorry for the crappy pic!

cobrapicrecent.jpg

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
Great thread!

A few questions.

So the H&R Race springs provide a little more firmness, and a little drop, but not so much firmness that they can't work with the factory struts.

In others words you don't have to pay much to gain a litte, and there isn't a down side unless you think the car already rides too harsh.

So what about the Eibach Cobra R springs? Were they progressive? They had a higher spring rate than the H&R Race springs right?

What about the H&R Super Race springs? Are they made for 03 Cobra's? Would they lower the car more? Would they be too much for the street? What are the specs on them?

I want to stiffen my suspension up a little for open track events, (I've done a few) but the car is my daily driver so I don't want it lowered more than one inch. I don't mind if it rides firmer than it does now, but I don't want to bite my toungue either! I'm willing to buy firmer dampners if needed. What springs might be good for me? Or would the H&R Race springs be a good comprimise?

9746C

RussZTT

Established Member
My H&R Sports should be here this weekend. I'm thinking no iso's in the rear and keeping the top and bottom iso's on the front.:pepper:

RussZTT

Established Member
runs2rch said:
I do. Car looks killer but rubs on everything.

What do you mean rubs on everything? I am about to install mine. Leaving front iso's in and keeping the top iso's only on the rear.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
If you are doing the sport springs def put the top and bottom iso's front and rear. I would use the MM urethane ones. I have no isos it scrapes on speed bumps, driveways, and the tires rub front and rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread