The complete "EGR Delete" How To

mr.magic

Established Member
Back from the dead with my $0.02. I don't think you can remove the header tube and cap it with Mac Long tubes. There's hardly enough room to pass a small flat head through so getting a standard wrench on is well maybe impossible.

Last edited:

mr.magic

Established Member
I would edit my post but my BB won't let me :-/. Any how I just did the egr delete and everything went ok but now for some reason the car goes into boost real easy?!?! Idles fine and I haven't seen any over boost sooo... Ideas?

03SVTsoldier

NVMYSVT
EGR help....

So I've read your entire egr how to and I'm still lost a bit.. I need alittle more clearifcation on which lines get cut and what lines stay and were to they get hooked up?? I also have a boost bypass kit from lethal and wanna know how that fits into the egr deletion! I loved the article just need some more help! Thx

Silver03Termi

Established Member
I would edit my post but my BB won't let me :-/. Any how I just did the egr delete and everything went ok but now for some reason the car goes into boost real easy?!?! Idles fine and I haven't seen any over boost sooo... Ideas?

make sure the vacuum line to the actuator is hooked up. If its going into boost real quick, it might not be. It should be. Very important that it is. At partial throttle, blower moves more air than the motor can handle. Hence the need for the valve.

Spoolx

Established Member
Doesnt get any easier than this guys

EatonEGRDelete.jpg

Also if you want to reuse stock lines you can do like I did

DSC04340.jpg

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
Whipple 3.4 Vacuum lines

pulled the whipple to install fuel rails and decided to do the EGR delete. I am stuck on the hose arrangement in the back though. I have a different set up and do not have 2 hoses coming from my boost actuator.

See picture:
100_0483.jpg

and
100_0434.jpg

100_0431.jpg

So how do I arrange my hoses to my boost actuator if I don't have a top hose? do I just leave it and connect the "T" and the rest as shown? or do I have to do something different?

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
wanting to do this to clean up the clutter, Is it any different for a KB 2.2? Does the kit Lethal sell include the brass fitting needed?

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
you can get brass fittings at Autozone.

As for my own question...FYI I used the upper vacuum port on the Whipple for my fuel pressure regulator on my triple pump system. Should allow the valve to open 1psi of fuel pressure for every inch of vacuum. we will see how this works.

feel free to correct me on this but i don't really have any thing else to put on the upper vacuum port and I need the feedback for my pressure regulator :shrug:

Termilvr

Established Member
what do i do with the hard plastic line that connects to something in fenderwell? the one that is bigger than all the others? and its not the evap emisions port, also where do i hook the other end of the or is that not need since my whipple 2.9 has only one port that comes out the top and hooks up to the base

Spoolx

Established Member
You guys really need to STOP and think about the vacuum line routing instead of just blindly following the pictures. Its really easy to understand and regardless of what blower is on the car should be pretty easy to figure out which vacuum line goes where.

Slobanator

Established Member
Ok so I did the EGR delete on my kenne bell.

Anyone know where or what goes to this line??

6978a3d8.jpg

And this one... The middle fitting.. I read somewhere it says AC controls but wheres the line lead to?

914e6ea2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread