The complete "EGR Delete" How To

Spoolx

Established Member
Okay so now that I see it, there is actually 4 items right there and you remove 3 of them

EGR transducer
Boost Dump Valve (Boost bypass actuator solenoid)
EGR Vacuum regulator solenoid

Maybe its a terminology thing
In your article you call it a "Boost dump valve" and there article they call it a "Boost bypass actuator solenoid"
In your article you call it a "Boost bypass actuator" and they call it a "boost actuator"

So basically remove everything from the blower except the "Boost bypass actuator" aka the "boost actuator" and then run vacuum lines like described in this picture?
EatonEGRDelete.jpg

Then put the "Boost bypass actuator" aka the "boost actuator" behind the eaton to hide it?

Forgive the questions, I mean no disrespect just having trouble understanding exactly how it works and want to make sure I do everything correctly.

Thanks for the how to and the help!

Also when I go see a tuner what do I tell him? Basically I just removed the EGR system? Will the boost dump valve not throw a code?

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

My bust. Yes, the boost dump valve goes away. The Boost Bypass accuator stays exactly where it's mounted on the side of the Eaton. The boost dump valve is one of the modules on the black bracket on the drivers side of the Eaton. All that stuff goes away. The black item circled in red is the boost bypass accuator. Sorry for the confusion. It's been a while since I looked at it.

Tell your tuner to turn your EGR off in your tune. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Spoolx

Established Member
Gotcha!
Thanks for the help, I was confused thinking there was only 3 items over there but actually there is 4
Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

How soon after disconnect do I need to get it tuned, for example if I remove it today and get it tuned next month will it be an issue other than a CEL?

Thanks

Spoolx

Established Member
One more thing, anyone happen to know the thread pitch of the threaded cap? I can make my own block off plate and probably buy the cap fairly cheap

Spoolx

Established Member
So I got most of the disassembly done, but unable to get the pipe out.. I dont really want to cut it but it seems like thats where I am headed

EDIT: Key is like 04sleeper said and to push from underneath with a wrench while someone above twists and wiggles it.

Now I just need to get some vacuum lines, what is the correct size?

Last edited:

Spoolx

Established Member
So I finished mine, here are some pics

BEFORE
DSC04321.jpg

DSC04322.jpg

AFTER
DSC04346.jpg

DSC04345.jpg

Here is the vacuum setup I made, I used all the stock lines and just covered them with nice covering and shrinkwrap
DSC04340.jpg

DSC04342.jpg

keith89

Established Member
Anyone still have their stock EGR parts? I need to purchase a complete EGR system asap for emissions testing in NY. I need brackets etc. Pretty much everything except for the vacuum hoses.

Spoolx

Established Member
I have the bracket with the sensors on it, wasnt gonna sell it but make me an offer

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
I just got done taking mine off, so if you need it, shoot me a PM, I have the tube, EGR, bracket, and sensors.

AmericanRicer87

ON3WEGO
Established Member
They may have only been checking to see if your car was throwing any emmisions codes (faults). If you do the EGR delete, have your tuner turn the EGR off in your tune and you will not get any faults. It wouldn't hurt to inquire with any state inspection site to ask what they check for regarding emmissions. Tell them you are building a car an wanted to make sure you would pass emissions testing with it when you were done. Just ask them for a little insight.

I Bought the car with the EGR delete already installed. Everything matches up ok, but I do get a code, P1000 OBD Systems Readiness Test not complete. Now correct me if im wrong, but on the key on the system runs through a self test, and all it is looking for is the resistance of the EGR valve, so could I add a resistor to the plug just to fool the computer? because through the Diablo the emissions stuff is disabled.

keith89

Established Member
I Bought the car with the EGR delete already installed. Everything matches up ok, but I do get a code, P1000 OBD Systems Readiness Test not complete. Now correct me if im wrong, but on the key on the system runs through a self test, and all it is looking for is the resistance of the EGR valve, so could I add a resistor to the plug just to fool the computer? because through the Diablo the emissions stuff is disabled.

interesting. Anyone know?

AmericanRicer87

ON3WEGO
Established Member
Well if no one knows this, how the hell do i get rid of the damn code, i'm tired of having to plug the diablo in and clear the code every time i start the car. I went though the right up and everything seems to be done right.

Users who are viewing this thread