The catalytic converter thieves have become BOLDER!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There was a police chase yesterday morning in my town in … Texas… of a stolen vehicle ..

Tell me more about the state you don’t live in
Yep! I wasn't going to argue his comment, but seriously, name me the perfect place to live where there is no crime, no rude people, no bad weather, etc. Hell, even if you go off the grid you have to deal with unruly hostile animals up in them there mountains. LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a thug in NYC who was filmed by Michael Rapaport, an actor. The thug casually loads up his pack, casually walks by the customers and registers, and even casually walks by the security guard who made no attempt to stop him.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I mean, who doesn't have a 4 car garage in a gated community so his CC doesn't get stolen? Peasants! LOL

In Vegas we went from around 20 CCs stolen in 2019 to over 2,000 stolen in 2021. That's an increase of 100 times over a two year period. Its insane.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
During the summer we were getting 4-5 customers a week with stolen cats. The Prius is the most common one but Honda Elements and Nissan NV200s were showing up a lot and both of those were expensive to replace. Both NVs from a company came out to $5k/ea to repair and the Elements were about $4k. It's slowed down some but it is still a regular instance getting cars with stolen cats. We even had one customer who walked out of the store to see a guy under her car. She yelled and he casually got up and grabbed his stuff and jumped in his 2012'ish Camry that had a mobile locksmith decal on the side. She got a picture of his car and plate but I don't know if he was ever caught.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
In Connecticut BOB the theif would just sue the home owner for not having a flat driveway and win! Smfh.

Thats just another reason why Connecticut SUCKS Bob. U just cant escape the BS here no matter what nice town u live in! High crime, high taxes, shitty weather, Shitty traffic, Rude people and liberal faggots running every town and city ruining it with their liberal policies.

And then things like the Police Accountability Bill brought to u by snowflakes running the state (This came after AMERICA'S HERO-Crackhead and Martyr George Floyd) which now makes it ILLEGAL for a Police Officer to pursue someone who has broken onto ur property to steal ur $65k truck! Yea its now ILLEGAL for the Police to pursue ur stolen vehicle!

Can u imagine living in Texas where some POS breaks onto ur property and steals ur $65k truck and drives away and the Police just wave at him as he drives by. The chances of that happening there are ZERO. Here is CT...... 100%.

I "assume" you quoted the wrong person??
lol

Zemedici

Established Member
In Connecticut BOB the theif would just sue the home owner for not having a flat driveway and win! Smfh.

Thats just another reason why Connecticut SUCKS Bob. U just cant escape the BS here no matter what nice town u live in! High crime, high taxes, shitty weather, Shitty traffic, Rude people and liberal faggots running every town and city ruining it with their liberal policies.

And then things like the Police Accountability Bill brought to u by snowflakes running the state (This came after AMERICA'S HERO-Crackhead and Martyr George Floyd) which now makes it ILLEGAL for a Police Officer to pursue someone who has broken onto ur property to steal ur $65k truck! Yea its now ILLEGAL for the Police to pursue ur stolen vehicle!

Can u imagine living in Texas where some POS breaks onto ur property and steals ur $65k truck and drives away and the Police just wave at him as he drives by. The chances of that happening there are ZERO. Here is CT...... 100%.

SURELY you're not calling someone ELSE a snowflake?

When you've refused to step into a thread where I called you out by your name, right? I must be seeing things.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
DPFs from diesels is the big hitter in Indiana. They bring big money. I know a guy who makes a living buying certain types of vehicles,he cuts the factory cats off, scraps them, buys knock off cats on eBay, welds them on, and flips the vehicle for a profit. He told me that some scrap lots require a title or proof of ownership now when scrapping a cat or dpf. Not sure how that’s really supposed to work…

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
They need to start handing out hefty fines to scrap yards. That will stop this shit fast.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
We just got $160 for a CC from a 2011 infinity G37. And that’s from the middle man. He says he gives us 50% of what he gets for it. He is a solid guy so I mostly believe him. Lol.

But yeah the Prius and diesel cats are top dollar. I think it’s up to at least $1k for those from the middle man right now.

Edit- our cat would of been $200 but the wire inside was damaged/missing some of it.

Last edited:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Local shops around Austin and San Antonio are reporting catalytic converters stolen while people shop during broad daylight. I was at Macy's when some trucks got hit. Fortunately, my Tremor was parked up front so they left it alone. I'm afraid to park it anywhere in public these days.

Adower

Established Member
My cat was stolen ~ 1 year ago in broad daylight. Although, I was a park and ride to work so the car was there all day.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Curious. Why are Prius cats a hot item?
I think I asked our scrap metal guy about it but can’t remember if I did or what he said. Lol. But if I had to guess maybe because they are less “damaged/used”.

I replaced one for a guy who had his taken from his driveway in the middle of the night a few months ago in Charlotte.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
The dealer I bought my 2012 Cummins from back in 2012 told me of the morning he went out to start a brand new Cummins and pull it up front for a customer coming to pick up the truck he purchased the night before. He put his foot on the brake pedal and it went to the floor. He had a tech go look at it and found the DPF and Cat cut off and the brake line cut.

All of their diesels, 7 of them I think were hit. At that time, the cost for replacing these parts was around 7,000 each if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
When the I4 ultimate project (local interstate, one of the biggest $ infrastructure projects in the county) kicked off it was wheels and tires getting stolen left and right. They cut our fence over a weekend and stole all the virgin 415 floats. Dealers were having trucks stolen and they'd be recovered just missing all the wheels/tires

Users who are viewing this thread