The C8 Corvette Delayed, Keeps Bending Its Frame, Report Claims

blk02edge

Established Member
????

You do.

Most of the modern automotive tech is derived from 40's tech like the floating axle in my Suburban or 2013 Mustang. Pretty sure the A10 Warthog uses fabric wings....like a biplane.....

Disc brakes, windshield wipers, every transmission and reciprocating engine available.

Just not sure the point you were trying to make.
Lol.. You used a couple blanket examples, one of which isnt even true. The amount of new tech out there is mind boggling, maybe I just dont understand what your point is but comparing modern day engineering to that of the 40's is insane. The tools we have and new materials and well...Computers... Allows for some pretty incredible products these days. Street cars are becoming faster than race cars of 10 years ago

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You see how they covered it to hide it? Even on the tow truck....
Embarrassing
But better now than when they are delivered to customers.
By far way better. But considering its soon to be available for order i would in no way want to be o on list to buy. theres gonna be alot of flaws they dont catch that 1st year customers will be finding out.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I had a thought guys.....
I read there are well over a years worth of C7s sitting on lots not selling. What if GM decided to be public with their issues in a ploy to sell more C7 Vettes... and possibly delay the C8 to clear C7 inventory

Just a thought.....

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I had a thought guys.....
I read there are well over a years worth of C7s sitting on lots not selling. What if GM decided to be public with their issues in a ploy to sell more C7 Vettes... and possibly delay the C8 to clear C7 inventory

Just a thought.....

Idea sounds great. But if that was the reason then why try and rush the C8? Skip another year run and work out the bugs while selling the rest of the C7.

Z06

Established Member
It’s standard procedure to always cover the car whether something happens to it or not. When they go to hotels or somewhere for an extended period of time, they cover them down. The C8 is in the IVERs stage. It’s not the first and last time the car will break down, it’s actually the second time by the way, both times were at a gas station. GM also didn’t tell any of us when they would release it, we all assuming it would of been Detroit, Chicago, Geneva, New York, Amelia island. When it’s ready, it will be ready, just as all the other vettes brought it!

Users who are viewing this thread