The Biggest thing I hate about owning a Cobra

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
People who think that I should be able to spank any 5.0 Stang that comes my way. Well I havent officially "lost" to a 5.0 yet but I know of quite a few that will leave me in the dust. Granted that they are a few hundred pounds lighter, have a cubic inch advantage (stroked), and either running spray or a blower. I dont mind losing to one but I do mind it when you have some jackass who says "Oh, you lost to a 5.0!" Like ts some big deal.
Id take a loss to a fellow Stanger any day over a FWD import!!!

Whats the biggest thing you guys hate about Cobra ownership???

Last edited:

Stangette03

JC's Jules
Established Member
You should have no problem taking 99% of Foxes (save the ones with lots of spray + power adder + thousands of dollars of work).

The biggest thing I hate about owning a Cobra is the fact that I can't afford all the mods I want for it :cuss: :rolling:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
That's why you get your boyfriend or husband or significant other to buy those things for you... get them swept up into the mod addiction!

Stangette03 said:
You should have no problem taking 99% of Foxes (save the ones with lots of spray + power adder + thousands of dollars of work).

The biggest thing I hate about owning a Cobra is the fact that I can't afford all the mods I want for it :cuss: :rolling:

Stangette03

JC's Jules
Established Member
ChicagoMike said:
That's why you get your boyfriend or husband or significant other to buy those things for you... get them swept up into the mod addiction!
LOL, he's got the Lightning, so he knows alllll about it. :-D

mrose75

Established Member
Stangette03 said:

+1!!!

JSHTROD

Established Member
I have just the opposite problem...

I'm at the local kragen/autozone, buying some small stuff... Guy walks up.

"Is that a Cobra?"

"Yep"

"Wow. Nice car. Does it have a 5.0?"

"Nope. It's a 4.6"

"too bad. 5.0's are FAST!!! Why'd you buy a cobra without a 5.0?"

:lol1:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
my gripe is that the minute someone sees the cobra markings, people feel intimidated and dont want to race me. It truly sux!

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
JSHTROD said:

"Is that a Cobra?"

"Yep"

"Nope. It's a 4.6"

I know exactly what you are talking about. Thats another reason why i plan on going with a stroker motor... then i can just say yes :D

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Ghoust said:
my gripe is that the minute someone sees the cobra markings, people feel intimidated and dont want to race me. It truly sux!

+983479385739857:bash:

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
ChicagoMike said:
Is your Cobra stock? If so.. that's why.
No its a little ways from stock...(480+rwhp). I think that its because when people try to compare the SC'd 4.6 to the NA 5.0 the 4.6 has a certain "mystique" about it...For example I had a guy driving a bpu-EVO and he says to me, "dude, your car is like the Supra of domestics!" and I replied with, "thanks, I think...Well the only difference is that our hp #'s and e.t's actually coincide with each other! After that I received a :??:
So I guess that losing to the 5.0 (even modded) will hurt our "Supra" status? :shrug:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
Stangette03 said:

99% is a big percentage to win over a fox. that's the thing about 03-04 cobra owners. most think they will take most foxes which is true, but not 99% of foxes

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
JSHTROD said:

"Is that a Cobra?"

"Yep"

"Nope. It's a 4.6"

that's a typical ignorant 5.0 owner in socal

Users who are viewing this thread