• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

The Beto AR15 Special!

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Lambeau, Sep 13, 2019.

1. COOL COBRA

COOL COBRA Hell Yes! Premium Member Established Member

Google the 2nd Amendment.
    Google mental health issues.
    It'd be easier to control the loonies vs try to eliminate the firearm.

2. SolarYellow

SolarYellow Sensei Premium Member Established Member

Start by addressing the true problems which are shootings/murders in the liberal big cities which occur on a weekly and daily basis.

me32, Tommy Y and DSG2003Mach1 like this.
  3. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

the AR platform is no more dangerous than any other rifle platform, it just "looks scary". Hell some places won't even let you hunt big game because they consider it too small of a round. Lunatic lemmings are just that, monkey see monkey do so thats what they go buy.

The government doesn't enforce the laws already on the books (and they admit it) and the background check system is broken. If you go back and look at these sick ****s they were ALL known to various authorities as being troubled and nobody did shit about it.

My suggestions:
    1) fix the background check system and ensure domestic violence, serious mental health issues etc are all reported. They need to come up with an appeals process for mental issues to give an opportunity to clarify any incidents and prevent abuse of the system

2) Prosecute the absolute **** out of anyone breaking gun laws - maximum punishment with few exceptions. Your underage kid got your gun and killed someone? **** you too, you both go to jail for a LONG time. The guy the Obama administration let off the hook for 50+ gun running charges should be buried under the jail, not on parole

4. T.Man

T.Man Active Member Established Member

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That's all that needs to be said in regards to your ignorant view of firearms and the 2A. I'm not using ignorant as a pejorative but rather the simple definition fits your large diatribe of regurgitated nonsense that those ignorant to firearms would repeat.

5. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

It's a great platform for hunting and is an exceptional platform for home defense. I'll focus on the home defense aspect. Unlike a hangun the rounds have real "stopping power" so to speak. Its not unusual for an attacker to keep coming after getting hit with a handgun round....not so with a 5.56.

It's also easier to aim in duress. Handguns are deceptively hard to hit what you're shooting at when you're in a live situation. Anyone can hit a stationary piece of paper at the range but a moving target is harder than people realize. ARs are infinitely easier to hit targets with.

The rounds don't overpenetrate drywall like hangun rounds do. Rifle rounds tend to tumble through drywall and stop quickly where handgun rounds keep going into other rooms and houses. I want to kill the person in my house quickly and not risk killing my son in the other room or neighbors.

They shoot longer distances easier. At 15 yards plus handguns are VERY hard to hit targets. Rifles are not. If someone who isnt supposed to be on my property and is coming at me I can drop them at 30 yards as opposed to a distance that they can reach out and touch me.

There are other reasons but you get the gist of it. There's a reason SWAT goes into houses with rifles and not hanguns. You want that same advantage when defending yours.

Basically everything you know about firearms you learned from Hollywood and it's wrong. Don't feel bad though, that's true of 99.9% of people including gun enthusiasts. It took a lot of years of research, watching youtube testing, competing with firearms, etc for me to realize I fell prey to those myths too.

6. derklug

derklug Seriously? No, never. Established Member

The 2A does not have the words hunting or sport shooting anywhere in it. It was crafted to insure citizens were armed when the need arose.

7. SolarYellow

SolarYellow Sensei Premium Member Established Member

One should never be required to justify a right. Why someone needs such and such a firearm is 100% irrelevant.

8. MarcSpaz

MarcSpaz Resident Trouble Maker Premium Member Established Member

The best way to help you understand why anyone would need or want and AR15 based weapon, or a machine gun, or a fighter jet with missiles, or a bow and arrow and a switchblade knife, is to provide a history lesson. I'll try to keep it brief, though there is a bit to consume.

Throughout history, humans have been killing each other out of greed. We learned pretty quickly that tools can make that task much quicker. As time passed and technology improved, so did the tools. The problem with humans is, many are evil people and will kill to get what they want. Some kill because killing IS what they want.

Leading up to the American Revolution, people representing government with swords and bows have ransacked villages of innocent people who had no means to defend themselves (usually due to economics and lack of skill, leading to not being able to acquire or make weapons). As time evolved, tyrannical leaders would use guns and even cannons against their citizens to control the population through fear and oppression. The only time the people (or person) has prevailed in the face of evil has been when they were able to meet force with equal or greater force. There are countless records of this through history.

Well, when the British settlers were being oppressed by King George III and the people who settled in North America spoke out against the King, the very first thing the King did to control the people was to issue an order to disarm all settlers. The people were no fools. They knew, due to world history, that if they surrendered their weapons, the king would have his Army and Navy take the resources harvested or created by the people and kill those who resisted (which was already happening in many places).

When the American revolution was won, the people had won their freedom because they had privately owned weapons equal to and more powerful than what was in the King's arsenal. When those same settlers decided to make their own government, they documented in great detail that they needed a set of laws to limit the power of government; not limit the power of the people. They also knew that they they needed to be sure that the power of government should always lay in the hands of the people themselves.

Since they had just won a war by defending themselves with their own personal, superior arms and self-defense is a fundamental right of existence, they knew that they needed to make it illegal for the government to disarm the people (which eventually led to the Second Amendment). They knew that if the government they created ever became dictatorial, the people would need arms (weapons of the modern time) equal to or greater than that of the government so they could take the government back by force and re-establish law, order and freedom. The founding fathers didn't even want to government to have a standing army because they knew a dictator was just a matter of time.

So, to answer your question, we don't need an AR15. We deserve to use all tools available and necessary to defend our lives and our freedom from our very own government. Not because we are crazy, paranoid, or making a justification for selfish reasons, but because history has taught us that it WILL happen again. It is a natural/God-given right to defend ourselves... to be victorious over our oppressors... or at least be afforded the opportunity to have a fair fight.

The reality is, the people of this country are grossly under powered compared to the intent of the founders, for the people to have privately owned weapons to meet or exceed the capability of the government's standing army. Instead of taking even more arms (power) away from the people, we should be restoring our ability to defend ourselves from a tyrant. It is just a matter of time before we are defenseless enough, that we will need those arms.

I hope that makes sense and wasn't too long.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  9. Great Asp

Great Asp Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I thought this was great

E

2veloce2003, me32, 2013GT'ed and 2 others like this.
  10. Tommy Y

Tommy Y Member Established Member

Fair enough I suppose. I expected to be flamed badly for my post, but I would certainly admit that I possess limited knowledge as it pertains to firearms, and to an extent the 2nd amendment. I do believe the 2nd amendment was put in place so that citizens could protect themselves from the gov't, to somewhat simplify it? I can understand how that would include any and all firearms. I really just wanted to get a perspective from those who own firearms as to how you all felt about gun control and why. I also wanted to see what you all thought could be done to stop these things from happening. I absolutely respect your viewpoint and your right to have that point of view and thank you for sharing it.

7998, T.Man and Stroszek like this.
  11. Jameeson

Jameeson silver is the fastest color Established Member

Agreed with some of the others above -
    2A amendment was worded not calling specifically to pistols/rifle/cannons, which were even the current military weapons at the time, but for the people to keep and bear ARMS, as if worded to always stay relevant with the present and future.
    ‘ARMS” has many definitions, but a common definition is ; an instrument of war. We didn’t choose that word, the founders did.
    IMO we need an effective means to combat a tyrannical government if the situation would ever come about, even so in 100 years from now we all have laser blasters.

Most could argue the tired phrase of underlying human nature doesn’t change and history has a habit of repeating itself. Things have been successful and stable for a long time in the US, so long, people can’t fathom anything ever happening. But it’s pretty interesting to see what is happening, right now in 2019, in parts of Mexico, Hong Kong, and the worst - Venezuela - literally has estimated 50% of the population who want to flee the country and individuals who are supported by the people to approach things in a diplomatic way that go missing and never found

svtfocus2cobra likes this.
  12. Tommy Y

I live about an hour from Birmingham Alabama, and it seems like there is a murder/murders reported in or around the Birmingham-Metro area everyday. Mass shootings are shocking and horrific, but nobody blinks an eye to the killing that happens everyday in cities like Birmingham. There are alot of great things about Birmingham, but it has some major issues as well.

13. Tommy Y

Marc Spaz, your explanation was pretty much what I thought the intent of the second amendment was. You make an excellent point, thank you.

Stroszek and MarcSpaz like this.
  14. Tommy Y

I suppose you could count me as one of those who could not fathom that ever happening, and maybe that is naive. Interesting point you bring up about the current political climate in the countries you mentioned.

15. Tommy Y

I'm not actually anti-gun, and certainly not anti-2nd amendment. I have thought about purchasing a gun in the past, and have spoken to a few gun owners I know and a few LEO's I know about what type of gun they might recommend for my protection and the protection of my family. If I do decide to buy a firearm, I will of course take the time to be well versed in handling it and being responsible with it. Most likely (and preferably) I would never need it, but if I did I would want to be as prepared as possible to use it safely and effectively.

Thank you for your post, and for what you said about my father. I really appreciate that.

7998 likes this.
  16. scott9050

scott9050 Hillary for prison Established Member

F#ck Beto.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  17. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

Arms means any way necessary to protect your property and your family. Period.

It’s an infringement of 2a that we cannot have a tank parked in our front yard IMO.

Hunting lol. The **** is wrong with people today. They have absolutely no understanding of the Founding, what motivated it, or just how advanced in their thinking our Founders were.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

18. Jameeson

I would give it thought for you personal protection and if you have family. So many just rely on police for their own personal protection rather than themselves. If this helps you: police typically arrive AFTER the crime has been committed - I have read stats that this scenario can be 60–70% of police calls.
    No one wants to shoot someone or use a in defense gun, nor would you think it would ever happen. but it gives you options. This analogy is always used that I don’t plan that my house burns down, but I have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
    I would get one , commit to it and get trained so you know how to use it , girlfriends/wife’s love this macho side away ;) and if you don’t like it, don’t look at it and store it secured in the closet for 10 years. I share this philosophy with all friends family pretty openly. Started in college ( went to a hippie school in CA) where occasionally young girls would castrate me and throw up at the sight of a firearm. I would just tell them calmly....”.well you are beautiful girl who weighs 100 lbs....whats your plan if someone ever followed you home from the mall or kicked in your door?”

19. Jameeson

Tank in the front yard, dang is the neighborhood that bad ?

me32 and Tommy Y like this.
  20. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Handlebar mustaches... PSSHHH! Established Member Established Member

It’s not about the neighborhood, or hunting, or how dangerous black guns are.

Sorry you’ve missed the point completely and clearly proved mine. Move along sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32 and Stroszek like this.