The Beast has Arrived! 2022 F250 content

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice!!
I'll be curious to hear your thoughts after you tow with it to see if you'd wished you'd gone with a steeper gear. Or if the 3.55's will be enough with the 10sp and 7.3 displacement.(I can't remember if 3.73's are an option now...or if its just 3.55's or 4.30's)

I really wished when I ordered 3.73 was available in F250 w/ 7.3 but its only on the 350. However I can say on stock 33” tires 3.55 seems very healthy unloaded. Trying to hit 1k miles so I can hook up the camper and will report back

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Do these still ship with halogen lights?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! That's a great looking truck with lots of seating space and lots of utility. Gotta love the beast under the hood, too!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
More boring text now, giving @SID297 a run for his money for driving impressions.
Godzilla is insane! I’m totally in love. So much power, so smooth. Sounds amazing. It’s going to pull our camper without blinking.
I am super impressed with the 10 speed. It’s learning my driving but it seems programmed well. Held 10th running 75 on the highway up hill (remember I live in KS so grain of salt there) where I thought it would drop to 9 or 8.
Handling is more like my F150 (keeping it, wife is going to drive it) than I expected. Ride is stiffer for sure but not at all uncomfortable. Going to drop a few psi in the tires just for shits.
Cab is quiet and comfortable. Sync 4 and the new dash layout is incredible. I’m already getting used to the controls. Fit and finish is great, feels really solid all around. Seats are amazing. I have had the butt coolers on for 100% of the time I’ve driven it. They are the bees knees.
Will share more as I get more miles. Hit 225 on the clock tonight
What year F150 do you have? To hear the handling is similar to the F150 is nice as i feel 2009+ F150 handle pretty well for a truck.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What year F150 do you have? To hear the handling is similar to the F150 is nice as i feel 2009+ F150 handle pretty well for a truck.

He has a 2015 EcoBoost Crew.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Very nice!!
I'll be curious to hear your thoughts after you tow with it to see if you'd wished you'd gone with a steeper gear. Or if the 3.55's will be enough with the 10sp and 7.3 displacement.(I can't remember if 3.73's are an option now...or if its just 3.55's or 4.30's)
Im also wondering, about the choice of gear option. I would be pretty set on 430 gear option if i were in the market. Also it would not be DD for me either. Also would likely want the Tremor package since i would not be going aftermarket rims/tires.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Do these still ship with halogen lights?
Have to go lariat ultimate to unlock the ability to add leds for $1180. Wasn’t worth $4500 for me. Hell I won’t buy a rigid light bar even lol my $80 Amazon bar has worked well on my green truck for 5 years

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn what a beast she is. How does it drive with the 3:55s?
also can 13Cobra deal with California people ?
Really nicely. Run about 1600-1700 rpms cruising at 75. Better him than me dealing with CA people lolol

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
He has a 2015 EcoBoost Crew.
Yep. Some may think I’m crazy for saying that but others have reported tooth rattling bone jarring rides which is definitely not so. Steering is stiffer but I like that. Unloaded highway cruising is really comfy. My wife commented there’s a little more booty shake on bumpy turns but going to knock a couple psi off the rears again to try to settle it down

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I went Tremor with standard 4:30 gears. Truck will not be a daily, hell, probubly wont even see a gravel road.
But now.....(.since Ive had time to digest my order), look at those factory 18's that come in the Tremor

Tremor is 2" higher than a standard F250 and the wheels look insanely like pizza cutters. I wanted the 4:30s in case I wanted to do an aftermarket 20x10 wheel to compensate for the added weight. Well.....now thats another rabbit hole to because as with all mods, you cant just change 1 thing. Meaning, change the wheels, now you gotta change some suspension components to accommodate.
Im also wondering, about the choice of gear option. I would be pretty set on 430 gear option if i were in the market. Also it would not be DD for me either. Also would likely want the Tremor package since i would not be going aftermarket rims/tires.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Go 18x9 with a 35x12.5

Agreed. Whatever you do, don't go this route. Nothing like totally ruining an off-road truck...

Barf.jpeg

NIXDSG

Established Member
I recently received a '22 platinum with 7.3 and 4.30 rear. Overall I'm really liking this truck, a little disappointed in the acceleration. My f150 3.5 ecoboost had significantly better acceleration. Yes, the f250 is a heavier vehicle.
This comment coming from someone that's had a kb '14 gt500 and a 8# lower on an '03 cobra, my butt dyno might be out of calibration.

First world problems.

Users who are viewing this thread