The Beast has Arrived! 2022 F250 content

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I recently received a '22 platinum with 7.3 and 4.30 rear. Overall I'm really liking this truck, a little disappointed in the acceleration. My f150 3.5 ecoboost had significantly better acceleration. Yes, the f250 is a heavier vehicle.
This comment coming from someone that's had a kb '14 gt500 and a 8# lower on an '03 cobra, my butt dyno might be out of calibration.

First world problems.

I think the 10 speed plus 7.3 is extremely respectable. Would I lose in a race to our F150? Yep. But my butt dyno has been pleasantly surprised.

First real mod complete. Upfitters are the shit. Got these from f150leds.com. The lights themselves are great. Harness and a couple other of the little things left some to be desired. At LineX right now getting sprayed

IMG_9583.JPG
IMG_9586.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

andymarkv

Established Member
I recently received a '22 platinum with 7.3 and 4.30 rear. Overall I'm really liking this truck, a little disappointed in the acceleration. My f150 3.5 ecoboost had significantly better acceleration.
I had similar thoughts when I test drove a reg cab long bed 7.3, 4.30 truck, but only at WOT, everywhere else felt great!
I understand there is a significant weight difference, but I wonder if the 4.30's actually detract from unloaded WOT performance?
The 4.30's & 10R80 kept the revs right at the redline the whole time it was accelerating....which is perfect for an engine designed to work there, which I imagine the 7.3 in factory tune, is not.
If the stock cam still makes power above the 5500 red line, an aftermarket tune that extends the rev range may make it feel "better"?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I recently received a '22 platinum with 7.3 and 4.30 rear. Overall I'm really liking this truck, a little disappointed in the acceleration. My f150 3.5 ecoboost had significantly better acceleration. Yes, the f250 is a heavier vehicle.
This comment coming from someone that's had a kb '14 gt500 and a 8# lower on an '03 cobra, my butt dyno might be out of calibration.

First world problems.

Ecoboost F150's fly so you might be disappointed some by the bigger, heavier Super Duty.

Everyone wants a giant SD truck until they have to drive/live with them every day. I've had my fair share (and currently have a giant DRW 1 ton) but they ARE NOT friendly to drive every day IMO. They dont accelerate as well, have terrible turning radius, are not nimble in traffic whatsoever, and get poor mpg.

But.......... If youre a flat-biller bro-dude, they will work just fine brah!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ecoboost F150's fly so you might be disappointed some by the bigger, heavier Super Duty.

Everyone wants a giant SD truck until they have to drive/live with them every day. I've had my fair share (and currently have a giant DRW 1 ton) but they ARE NOT friendly to drive every day IMO. They dont accelerate as well, have terrible turning radius, are not nimble in traffic whatsoever, and get poor mpg.

But.......... If youre a flat-biller bro-dude, they will work just fine brah!!

Haha

I don't mind driving Super Duties every day. Next time you're out and about and see a F-450 on a lot somewhere, test drive it and check out the turning radius. Probably half of what our 1-tons are.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha

I don't mind driving Super Duties every day. Next time you're out and about and see a F-450 on a lot somewhere, test drive it and check out the turning radius. Probably half of what our 1-tons are.

I could imagine!

You guys in the country dont have it so bad. Imagine driving your dually in bumper to bumper traffic for 2 hours everyday.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff**** that! lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I could imagine!

You guys in the country dont have it so bad. Imagine driving your dually in bumper to bumper traffic for 2 hours everyday.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff**** that! lol

Haha yeah. I mean I do drive in a lot of traffic, and when we go out in KC I always drive my truck.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Traffic lol. You dont know a damn thing about traffic.
I've been in/ driven in every major city you can name.

We can keep measuring dicks about who has more traffic, but in reality I think we both agree.

Sent from my Potato

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Traffic drives me nucking futs
We rarely go downtown KC. Drive the F150 without much concern so the 250 should do fine for the 2-4x/year we are in an urban environment

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been in/ driven in every major city you can name.

We can keep measuring dicks about who has more traffic, but in reality I think we both agree.

Sent from my Potato

You dont drive in traffic bro and your definition of it is going to be VERY different than mine, making your point even more moot.. Just stop already.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Towing updates from the last 2 weekends. Reminder: coming from 2015 3.5 eb f150 max tow which we love and still own.
Wow. I mean wow. What a difference. Towing our 5k boat is like I have a lawnmower trailer attached. Stability is insane. Truck suck virtually gone except for the a hole in a Chevy with 2 wheels of his 40’ gooseneck horse trailer over the line lol. The 10 speed is unreal. You’re always in the right gear, and the force multiplication in it is amazing. I pulled the boat up the ramp at 1500 rpm like it was nothing.

I’m at ~1800 miles on the truck. Hoping the mpgs increase as break in continues. Lifetime 11.7 mpg, towing is 9. F150 did around 10.5 towing the boat and 9-9.5 towing the camper.

This brings me to towing the camper. We keep ours in storage about 5 miles from the state park where we camp. I did not set my WDH up yet. Just used the 2 5/16” ball because it was a short trip and for once not too windy. Holy moly. Granted these are ideal towing conditions but it was very stable. Can tell a huge difference and certainly feel safer in the 250. No sway, brakes are strong, Godzilla is smooth and powerful. If you tow a lot, do not hesitate to go to the 3/4 ton platform. My wife commented on how smooth and stable it felt as a passenger within about 10 miles from home when we first hooked up. It’s that good

89 turbo Fox

Established Member
A friend of mine called me on the weekend. Hey, I'm going to buy a new Eco Boost. Then I'm going to buy a 36' 5th wheel holiday trailer, which weighs 12,500lbs. The Ford dealer told me that it would pull it no problem. You know, because they advertise that they can pull 14,000lbs. What a F'ing joke. I told him to go right ahead. Set the pin in the box of that beer can, and watch it fold the truck in half. Some people are so stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread