The BADCOBRA THP car rolls.....

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Some major progress happening with the Cobra now at Injected Racing. Dave got the new solid axle in place. The gas tank with new pumps and modified hat set up for return style is bolted back in, and ready to build the rest of the fuel system. The heads just came back from the machine shop, assembled with a fresh valve job minus the custom cams. The intake, valve covers, water pump, tensioner, and other misc parts are all at the polishers shop getting polished. The front timing cover is getting powdercoated black. It's going to look incredible under the hood with the polished and jet-hot coated turbos and all the piping. Everything is on track for the car to be done next month, and driven to WFC 9 to hopefully get a magazine feature. Hope to see you all there!!

Here are some pics of the rear end and parts. The rear end will get painted before I get the car back. Also, all the torque box seams will be welded up.
rear02.jpg

GMS Lower control arms...swiped from my Fox body
lowers.jpg

D&D Motorsports Uppers, also swiped from my Fox
uppers.jpg

Wolfe Sway Bar...will keep the tires planted even and make it go straight.
wolfeswaybar.jpg

Wolfe Spherical axle housing bushings. The rear end will have almost zero bind with these.....
sphericals.jpg

Wolfe torque box plates...these reinforce the lower torque boxes.
plates.jpg

QA1 adjustable rear shocks....
QA1.jpg

The assembled ported heads with fresh valve job, Crower SS valves, and Titanium retainers....
heads01.jpg

Here is some pics of the polished and jet-hot coated turbos

turbos_side.jpg

turbos1.jpg

turbos2.jpg

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Saw that, thanks! Looks like they were rusted from the inside, not surprised that happened. I took em off my Fox so I am just gonna use em for now. From the abuse Ratt Fink has put his through, I am not too worried.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Hey, whatever happened with that Sullivan intake your buddy hogged out? You were gonna check with sullivan to see if it needed to be welded up and recut instead of how he did it.

Did they ever get back to you?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I updated that thread quite a while back. Here is the link to it, and also the reply from Scott Sullivan. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Tony,

That is correct in regards to the top hole. The hole needs to seal to the back of the throttle body. You can either weld up that hole and machine it flat or run a Mustang GT style IAC valve that uses an external sample tube. either way works fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need help getting this issue resolved.

kind regards,

Scott Sullivan
Sullivan Performance Products
Henderson, NV 89015
866-216-5067

Users who are viewing this thread