The Art of Racing a Camaro in the Rain

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yes....yes I do. ;)

Watch until the end with a GT350R on R888R tires and suspension mods on a tight 2.25 mile road course.

I'd greatly appreciate some subscribers if ya'll enjoy the content. Thanks.
Yea i watched it, ive seen first hand how the ZL1 can haul ass. It weighs 200lbs more, but it has the power. Would you ever go up to a Z 1LE? What about a ZR1?

When Ford said the new GT500 was going to be 4100lbs for the carbon package CFTP or whatever its called, I knew its going to be a tall order to take down a ZL1 1LE in tighter tracks like Laguna.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
The ZL1 with the A10 only weighs 3900 (mine was 3880 when I scaled it with 3/4 tank of gas). It has the torque. If buying new, I would consider going ZL1 1LE with the A10, because the A10 is just that good. It wasn't an available option when I bought. I can just add the aero and bushings to get 99% there. Mag ride shocks vs. spool type dampners aren't worth the upgrade and ride harshness.

I out drive a couple of ZL1 1LE's at the tracks I frequent running on 220 tires vs. 100 tires.

I just got a set of 19"x11" Apex wheels for a square 305 setup tonight. I'm planning on going from Goodyear Eagle Supercar 3's to the Bridgestone RE71R's, which is a "fast" 200 TW tire. I'm getting ready for the SCCA Time Trial Nationals at NCM in September.

ZR1 is out of my budget.

Yea i watched it, ive seen first hand how the ZL1 can haul ass. It weighs 200lbs more, but it has the power. Would you ever go up to a Z 1LE? What about a ZR1?

When Ford said the new GT500 was going to be 4100lbs for the carbon package CFTP or whatever its called, I knew its going to be a tall order to take down a ZL1 1LE in tighter tracks like Laguna.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Not to keep on about the GT350 vs. the ZL1, but one major difference is the factory Performance Data Recorder and free Cosworth software. It is difficult to replicate the amount of driver data and ease of use with an aftermarket system. The Camaro/Corvette system is building better drivers.

Performance Data Recorder: Your Digital Driving Coach

It's now in 1080P on the C8 Corvette.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Got any videos of you running down GT350R's? Im having a discussion on M6G about how the ZL1 is superior to the R. Even when the R has stickier michelin cup 2s. You already know this, but the stock tires on the ZL1 are equivalent to Pilot super sports.

PM me the link to the post on M6G. Thanks.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I follow turn in track out youtube, hes got a zl1 1le. I believe hes a former forumla mazda driver. Dont think any gt350R is touching his time.
He goes 1:43 in sonoma in his car, only relatable time is ben treynors mustang gt4, which is a racecar running at 1:40.

blk02edge

Established Member
I follow turn in track out youtube, hes got a zl1 1le. I believe hes a former forumla mazda driver. Dont think any gt350R is touching his time.
He goes 1:43 in sonoma in his car, only relatable time is ben treynors mustang gt4, which is a racecar running at 1:40.
Hell yea, that guy is a beast leaving zero on the table. No stock 350R would stand a chance against him in the 1le

Users who are viewing this thread