The answer to chevy's bull*hit/ Final Product

Predator03

Banned
4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

If you followed my last thread this was my project...
I am now hunting LS1's and will attempt to bring you more footage than "Blades"....but that might be difficult:)

Everything is almost perfect..ie. sperichal ball bearings, 31 spline, 3.73's, Eaton Posi etc..

If you are doing the same set up..I have all the part numbers needed directly from Ford for abs connections, adapter, bolts etc(I'll help save you time)

Remember to retain the same rear disk brakes by purchasing the 96 Cobra adapters otherwise you will be s.o.l to purchase a new braking system for rear.

Enjoy
Jett

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
all i need to finish my solid axle is the ABS wiring harness. connects under the rear seat and goes to the axle. whats the number? looks sweet!!! youll LOVE it!:rockon:

what springs and shocks did u go with? any "ground" pics?

oh..and control arms...

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
yes it does....comes out of the tranny about 1/4". all u have to do is put the yolk from the IRS to the SRA.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Awesome, How much did all these authentic ford parts run you? How much was the install? I have been asking about this for a while, but nobody ever seems to have an exact answer as to how much it cost.

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
very nice setup... i want to hear some times to w/ /that rear... how much was the axle... im loooking for one for my 69

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
not to hijack..but total for my axle in the car was $1800

axle - $400

strange 31 spline axles
eaton posi
motive 3.90s
3" studs
fms girdle
welded tubes
labor - $1400

i used stock GT control arms, springs and shocks. those are next on the list....about another $1k for what i want.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
looks good

U know you could actually make some money if you find someone thats wants your IRS

I know a couple guys around here that have sold thiers for over 2G's

J

Predator03

Banned
Yes I am selling it.
I would like to place it on ebay soon.
1500.00 even is with everything IRS
If you help me sell it..I'll send you a money order w some cash for helping.

No never lost a race
I even raced a head and cam C-5 w N20....whipped it three times and he got so pist that he was cursing my passenger out and tried to act like he was gonna bust up my car.....he was the owner of a club here in Texas

I'll come back in a couple hours with the part numbers for the abs sensors and extra questions.
I purchased these parts by employee cost which helped a lot.

I'm here to help and have the hands on for questions so shoot.
The Cobra is an 03

Jett

Last edited:

Wayneo

Established Member
In the future i am thinking of doing this. Just one question, Once you put a solide rear in is there no going back? I mean did any brackets on the body have to get cut off or anything like that.
:beer:

Predator03

Banned
Easy swap from Sanoli Performance.
If you want some info or an install they've done about 6 or more 03 solid swaps...they make it look easy.
Call Sanoli at 956-424-0600

You can put the IRS back in if needed. No permanent cutting or anything of the sort. Bolt in and out...you just have to have the correct parts.

Solid Axle
The sperichal ball bearings are clacking and loud but no sweat for weight transfer.
The POSI is scary around corners.
3.73's kick ass with 14psi-16psi.
I can't imagine losing on a role w that psi and 3.73's.
It feels laterally stout!!!!

Any takers on the IRS?
It is much stronger on corners than solid axle and more comfortable at high speeds.

Jett:coolman:

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
what i really liked after i put my solid in..

sitting at a light with a friend behind me..ight goes green and i kinda hit it..but i hooked good. 2 seconds later my buddy calls me and is like "that was awesome!" im like huh? he said u hooked and the car leaned to the right like 4"!! i was stoked...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread