The 3rd S197 is the charm- 13' Boss SBY 302

Swine

Established Member
So, I've owned 2 previous Coyote S197 M/T cars. One was a stock 12' base with Brembo's and 3.73's, the other a nicely spec'd 12' premium that eventually had a really nice handling suspension set up with a good wheel and tire and basic bolt on's/tune.

I have long been impressed with the S197 chassis in both performance and value. You have an engine that can easily make all the hp most mortals require, do it efficiently and reliably, and it doesn't break the bank to make it happen. The chassis is proven, and the rest of the drive line is typically more then sufficient. On the flip side, mustangs are also a dime a dozen and unfortunately depreciate quickly. That means, sometimes the car doesnt feel as special as it should when you see 3 others at the same stop light, and your cost of ownership is actually quite high when factoring depreciation on a percentage level.

For my fun street cars, i prefer efficient lightweight N/A setups over forced induction muscle and tq. Not only is the power much more usable, but cost remains lower and reliability typically remains higher.

Enter my 13' SBY Boss 302. Drove down to historic Savannah, Ga and picked it up on River Street. Managed to snag a really pretty shot, had an awesome weekend barhopping with a buddy who i suckered into coming with me, and then of course got acquainted well with the car on the drive home.

Oh i got my first "nice car" with 10 min of ownership. That helps :)

6352F61B-F770-4867-9E87-5AB5A915B43D_zpssfydxrxg.jpg

Last edited:

cbj5259

Established Member
Very nice! Just Curious what the engine number is? I traded my '13 SBY last spring and heard it made its way down south. If it's #477 then it's my old ride.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Boss 302s will always be special in my eyes. There is a SBY LS that lives near by me, I never get used to seeing it. It looks and sounds amazing.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Looks good. I gotta agree I'm not a fan of yellow. But Ford nailed the SBY color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recon

Established Member
It's just something about a Boss; they're awesome. Enjoy it!

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Good looking Boss 302. Perfect color for a Boss. I like the photo. HDR, right?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Like a Boss!
Looks great... Congrats! I've had a lot of different cars, the Boss is honestly so much fun to drive I may have it for many years to come! In May it'll be 5 years I've had it. It still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. Enjoy it!

Swine

Established Member
Very nice! Just Curious what the engine number is? I traded my '13 SBY last spring and heard it made its way down south. If it's #477 then it's my old ride.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#1615, the original owners were an old couple from Kingsland, Ga.

well.....never saw that car around here. Wish I had though

See above :)

Like a Boss!
Looks great... Congrats! I've had a lot of different cars, the Boss is honestly so much fun to drive I may have it for many years to come! In May it'll be 5 years I've had it. It still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. Enjoy it!

Thank you! Thats great to hear and im wanting this to be a longer term car. Mild suspenion/wheels and tires/clutch or are on the short list for the car.

Zemedici

Established Member
Good looking car buddy! :)

Savannah is my favorite place in the world, awesome place to get the car too! I love River Street. Wifey's from Cali and has never been, planning to take her next month or so.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
my favorite color for the Boss. and like others, not a huge fan of yellow cars but that car in that color does it. congrats!

ViciousJay

Established Member
I thought about trading my Jeep in for another S197 Boss, the itch is getting worse haha. Nice ride

Users who are viewing this thread