The 2023 Ford F-150 Raptor R is What the Raptor Needed | MotorWeek Road Test

kaz109

Established Member
This truck should have got the 615hp Godzilla motor but more importantly its suspension should be upgraded over a regular Gen 3 Raptor. Makes no sense to be the top trim level of off road performance category and not touch what matter most in off roading.

For all the pavement queens on this site and others that only care about V8 vroom vroom sound could get a Roush or Shelby.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
700hp/640tq in a Raptor! 0-60 in 3.6 secs. A lot of folks are going to love this news.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
This truck should have got the 615hp Godzilla motor but more importantly its suspension should be upgraded over a regular Gen 3 Raptor. Makes no sense to be the top trim level of off road performance category and not touch what matter most in off roading.

For all the pavement queens on this site and others that only care about V8 vroom vroom sound could get a Roush or Shelby.

But Godzilla is too heavy?.....

ArabianOak

Established Member
limited too in the 1/4 mile run...probably a mid 11 truck with tune only. Not a truck guy but this is a good one. my brother has the trx and its a beast as well.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
I have a 22 Raptor and would not pay an additional 25-30k (Sticker) for the V8 motor. These trucks handle and brake decent at best with the base performance let alone 700hp.

That said I love my Raptor!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a 22 Raptor and would not pay an additional 25-30k (Sticker) for the V8 motor. These trucks handle and brake decent at best with the base performance let alone 700hp.

That said I love my Raptor!

I'd pay an extra $5,000 for an N/A aluminum block 7.3 with boost ready internals. Such an engine would cost Ford about half as much as the base 3.5L EB and command a premium price.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice to see a final send off with a boosted V8 but **** these prices.
Not in that level to buy a 6 figure truck and use it offroad hard.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Way out of my price range. I am settling for a used 2020 Raptor

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
cool truck but for the money i can buy a f250 tremor, trailer and a can am maverick for off roading

Users who are viewing this thread