The 2022 Bronco Raptor is Here | Take My Money!!!

96dreamer

Established Member
Maybe just add the suspension?
Looks like the rear trailing arm and upper control arm mount is completely different although they could just be beefed up. I'm sure adding the live valve shocks would be next to impossible too.

kaz109

Established Member
I held out from ordering a wildtrak for this and somehow idk, I don’t find myself uncontrollably un excited for this. Idk maybe I expected more. I still think it will outperform the 392 but idk. It’s just not hitting me like I thought it would.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member
I don't think they could've made those fender flares uglier if they tried. I have a 392 Wrangler on order, I should just order one of these now maybe I'll be ready for something new by the time it gets built in 2 years.

Agreed. Just hideous.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Looks like the rear trailing arm and upper control arm mount is completely different although they could just be beefed up. I'm sure adding the live valve shocks would be next to impossible too.
I'd be buying a base and waiting for the proper aftermarket LT kit for sure
With the badass builders on the 150 Raptor I’m sure they will work a number of solutions.
That and drop the NA 7.3 in it.
I held out from ordering a wildtrak for this and somehow idk, I don’t find myself uncontrollably excited for this. Idk maybe I expected more. I still think it will outperform the 392 but idk. It’s just not hitting me like I thought it would.
5.0 with 500hp 500tq would have done it.
I hate the 4 door, just gonna continue to wait for my 2 door Squach.
Stick?

kaz109

Established Member
With the badass builders on the 150 Raptor I’m sure they will work a number of solutions.
That and drop the NA 7.3 in it.

5.0 with 500hp 500tq would have done it.

Stick?
In theory yes but that isn’t possible. The mustang 5.0 power band is too high for off roading and the 5.0 in the F-150, is a dog compared to any ecoboost motor stock for stock.

7.3 would be a great option as 430/470 would be perfect for this size vehicle because in a superduty It’s less than impressive but then again a 7.3 weights 100lbs more than the heaviest Ecoboost motor so you really don’t want that added weight over your front axle.

I was actually expecting them to use the same motor as in the grand touring because 450/630 would match up perfectly (power wise) with the 392 but I guess they found that setup not reliable for heavy off-roading

andymarkv

Established Member
I held out from ordering a wildtrak for this and somehow idk, I don’t find myself uncontrollably excited for this. Idk maybe I expected more. I still think it will outperform the 392 but idk. It’s just not hitting me like I thought it would.
Agree 100%! Although...are we just becoming jaded...?
From the factory you can buy 700hp supercharged trucks, pre-runner trucks on 37's, electric trucks that go 0-60 in 3.3 seconds...a lot of things already seem over the top.
What does it take to make something special these days?

kaz109

Established Member
Agree 100%! Although...are we just becoming jaded...?
From the factory you can buy 700hp supercharged trucks, pre-runner trucks on 37's, electric trucks that go 0-60 in 3.3 seconds...a lot of things already seem over the top.
What does it take to make something special these days?
Great question and maybe you are right, we have so many great options we are becoming numb to it forgetting just how good we have it. Like a spoil teenager in Beverly Hills that got his/her allowance cut from 5k a month to 1k a month lol

I think the answer to your question is exclusivity or something that has nostalgia. You either have to make it extremely low production or like GM did with the blackwing. I personally think if they would make this Raptor with the same motor but 6sp manual it would be swing the 392 buyers to a bronco Raptor. Let Jeep have the V8 but offer something they don’t…. A manual transmission.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
In theory yes but that isn’t possible. The mustang 5.0 power band is too high for off roading and the 5.0 in the F-150, is a dog compared to any ecoboost motor stock for stock.

7.3 would be a great option as 430/470 would be perfect for this size vehicle because in a superduty It’s less than impressive but then again a 7.3 weights 100lbs more than the heaviest Ecoboost motor so you really don’t want that added weight over your front axle.

I was actually expecting them to use the same motor as in the grand touring because 450/630 would match up perfectly (power wise) with the 392 but I guess they found that setup not reliable for heavy off-roading

Spoken like a true poser! Lol.

You haven't the slightest clue, bud… stick to getting boosters and sucking in restricted air through your double mask.

Users who are viewing this thread