The 2022 Bronco Raptor is Here | Take My Money!!!

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Well.....Doesn't look like the wife will even get an email. Yes or a no. Just glad we didn't share with the kids the decision. Going to check to make sure our original order is unchanged. At least I get to keep the Shelby.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
It's a high demand vehicle already and now the Raptor model has been announced it's generating a TON of hype. Hell even The Rock was tweeting about it. I hope Ford finds a way to speed up production.

My dealer emailed today and said that right now the priority is existing reservation holders. But they felt really confident that I would get one as I was the first to contact them for a spare allocation. They'll know for sure in March. No ADM. If it doesn't work out I'll look into a Raptor R. I'm excited to be able have a fun vehicle with enough ground clearance to drive in the snow and get to remote trailheads (Handie's Peak etc.). A GT500 is still an option but driving only on weekends 6 months a year and being terrified to get it dirty while I live in God's playground of off-roading has me wanting to step into a different kind of performance vehicle, which Ford is also adept at building.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
What a weird ride this has been. Ford had done good acting as an estranged lover to the wife. Communicating via email and sending her little surprise gifts periodically. Sending teasers (hey you want to throw your hat in the ring for a Raptor?) They confirmed the commitment and will let her know if she was to get lucky or not. Feb, 11th comes and goes, and like a bride getting stood up at the alter.......nothing, not even an email. So here I am trying to pitch a crew cab Raptor that could actually tow something more. She's willing to wait for her original order, if it is still in the cue. Me? I don't give shit about it, but this Bronco is really the only vehicle she's been excited about. I think Bronco fans are crazier then Shelby fans, plus there are more of them.

On another note. Fords taking a lashing over on Bronco Nation on all kinds of things. Opinions galore.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
What a weird ride this has been. Ford had done good acting as an estranged lover to the wife. Communicating via email and sending her little surprise gifts periodically. Sending teasers (hey you want to throw your hat in the ring for a Raptor?) They confirmed the commitment and will let her know if she was to get lucky or not. Feb, 11th comes and goes, and like a bride getting stood up at the alter.......nothing, not even an email. So here I am trying to pitch a crew cab Raptor that could actually tow something more. She's willing to wait for her original order, if it is still in the cue. Me? I don't give shit about it, but this Bronco is really the only vehicle she's been excited about. I think Bronco fans are crazier then Shelby fans, plus there are more of them.

On another note. Fords taking a lashing over on Bronco Nation on all kinds of things. Opinions galore.

Just kind of a crappy situation that occurred. The Chinese mismanage a budding pandemic and two years later look where we are. Chip shortages and global supply chain issues. My company is a large multi-national that sells fairly complex medical imaging equipment. There are some major backorders and parts shortages going on right now.

guarnibl

Established Member
86.9" wide? Is that really correct (~TRX width)? 13.1" wider than a Wrangler? I mean don't get me wrong, it sounds super fun on open terrain that has plenty of room on either side, but my Power Wagon already has enough trouble with tight trails and this thing is nearly 7" wider. It literally won't fit on a lot of them.

Dusten

Established Member
86.9" wide? Is that really correct (~TRX width)? 13.1" wider than a Wrangler? I mean don't get me wrong, it sounds super fun on open terrain that has plenty of room on either side, but my Power Wagon already has enough trouble with tight trails and this thing is nearly 7" wider. It literally won't fit on a lot of them.

It's not a trail rig...

Ford markets it as a Baja rig that can rock crawl

"capable of highway-speed desert-dune conquering and Baja rock-crawling"

The track width is 73"
It's 10" wider than a jeep which is 62.9"

That width you posted is with mirrors
Which is the same for a standard bronco.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Not hearing anything from Ford after throwing her hat in the ring for the Raptor, the wife spent about 5 hours going and looking at Jeeps. She also searched on the interweb. The options are numerous, along with the models. Looks like she leaning towards the gladiator Sport S solely because of the tow package that is only offered in that model. No ADM either from the dealers she spoke with either. The tow package is on the rare side of options that are on the lot vehicles. She may broaden the search or just place an order soon if she doesn't hear anything from Ford soon.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm sure she's not alone in tossing her hat into the ring. If Ford can't provide, there are other alternative, Jeep being one of them. Let us know when and if she lands her Jeep.

guarnibl

Established Member
It's not a trail rig...

Ford markets it as a Baja rig that can rock crawl

"capable of highway-speed desert-dune conquering and Baja rock-crawling"

The track width is 73"
It's 10" wider than a jeep which is 62.9"

That width you posted is with mirrors
Which is the same for a standard bronco.

Gotcha. That width sounds more reasonable at least. Pretty specific niche.

Last edited:

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I'm sure she's not alone in tossing her hat into the ring. If Ford can't provide, there are other alternative, Jeep being one of them. Let us know when and if she lands her Jeep.

She's Shanghaied me and the boys right now.

Gotta keep'm happy!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, totally understand. Sometimes it's a balancing act. Sometimes it's sacrificing for what they need.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Well...Auto destiny. It just got delivered and it was everything she researched for. So here it is.
20220219_170013.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
They had this beauty on the showroom floor 392 hemi with both sets of doors. It really was a nice ride. $89kView attachment 1738730View attachment 1738731View attachment 1738732

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

It looks great! But 90K for a Jeep? Suspension-wise the 392 doesn't compare to the Bronco Raptor. Engine wise it's sweet, sweet music for the Jeep.

I was able to find this just uploaded video on YouTube of the Bronco Raptor engine noise from inside the cabin...

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
It looks great! But 90K for a Jeep? Suspension-wise the 392 doesn't compare to the Bronco Raptor. Engine wise it's sweet, sweet music for the Jeep.

I was able to find this just uploaded video on YouTube of the Bronco Raptor engine noise from inside the cabin...

I'm not really comparing apples to apples here. My point was that Dodge is actually delivering these units. I could have easily purchased that 392. To me, that's saying something. The Raptors are just figments of Fords Imagination with outrageousness ADM. Sure they'll be available someday, in the meantime she'll have something to drive. Ford has offered nothing for the last two years. BTW this Jeep crowd are some friendly people! It's going to be an enjoyable ownership.

Dusten

Established Member
I'm not really comparing apples to apples here. My point was that Dodge is actually delivering these units. I could have easily purchased that 392. To me, that's saying something. The Raptors are just figments of Fords Imagination with outrageousness ADM. Sure they'll be available someday, in the meantime she'll have something to drive. Ford has offered nothing for the last two years. BTW this Jeep crowd are some friendly people! It's going to be an enjoyable ownership.

Jeep also announced the 392 jeep almost 2 years ago. I'd ****ing hope they're delivering them.

Users who are viewing this thread