• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

The 2021 Mach 1 Mustang is Here!!! - Full Details Inside

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jun 16, 2020.

1. RoadRunner&Terminator

RoadRunner&Terminator Member Established Member

What?! The Mach 1 is 3000lbs?!

that would be wonderful

jpro likes this.
  2. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

Such as? Curious what cars you believe are competitive with the 2021 Mach.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jpro likes this.
  3. Fat Boss

Fat Boss Active Member Established Member

I really don't follow any other makes than Ford. Isn't there a Camaro that will be competitive with it? I know the M3 used to be pretty competitive, is it still? My point is there are PLENTY of cars that will beat it around a race track, but are they all more expensive?

4. G's Shelby

G's Shelby Member Established Member

For 45k a ss 1le will beat it. If it's 60k a zl1 will do the trick. Like another poster said the car its awesome but at the price point if truly cross shopping you have ss 1le, zl1 and the gt350 to compete with. I'll take a gt35 .

jpro likes this.
  5. kazman

kazman King of Kazmania Established Member

Meh...

6. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

FWIW, a Camaro SS 1LE base is $38K and well equipped for $45K; MSRP for a BMW M3 is $67K; MSRP for a 2020 GT350 starts at $59K. I don't think it is ridiculous to expect Ford to deliver a Mach 1 for $45K (base) and $50K well-equipped. As soon as it starts creeping above $50K you gotta be kidding me because you're in GT350 territory.

G's Shelby likes this.
  7. G's Shelby

G's Shelby Member Established Member

Agreed

jpro likes this.
  8. biminiLX

biminiLX never stock Established Member

As much as I’d like for them to have done a 500hp NA version and most importantly a Drag Pack (why AGAIN a handling pack?!).
    Still, it looks good and a Whipple A10 Mach 1 would be a fun car for the street and strip.
    -J

jpro and G's Shelby like this.
  9. Fat Boss

Fat Boss Active Member Established Member

I think they'd ask more for the 1LE if they could. Ford sold 50% more Mustangs in 2019 than Chevy sold Camaros.

G's Shelby likes this.
  10. sammad

sammad New Member

11. mustangc

mustangc Debt Free but the House!! Established Member

I for one think Ford got this one right, for the most part. I always liked the PP2 and considered buying one, but it had a few shortcomings: The rear spoiler was smaller than the PP1; The MT-82; lack of cooling capacity for track duty. This car (With the Handling Package) fixes everything that was lacking on the PP2, and throws in an extra 20 horsepower.

Would I have liked more power? Absolutely! But this car is a great foundation to personalize and build on. I think this car with a Whipple would be an amazing daily driver, and would combine Shelby Handling with Supercharged power while retaining the 6-speed manual.

The comparison to a used GT350 is valid, and I agree a used GT350 has more ‘value’ because of the VooDoo and the brakes. It’s a tough call, but I like having the choices.

F8L SN8K and me32 like this.
  12. kevinatfms

kevinatfms Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech Established Member

3 sentences is all you needed. Rebranded PP2 GT with the GT350 sprinkled in.

me32 likes this.
  13. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

While it is true that the Mach will be a solid and build-able foundation from the factory, a lot of people want superior performance from the factory. Planning to quickly switch to a Whipple (and supporting mods) to increase performance that Ford isn't providing adds to the bottom line cost of the Mach 1. JMO.

14. mustangc

Ford already makes a Mustang with a Supercharger. It’s call the GT500. They already make a N.A. 5.2 trackstar called the GT350. This car wasn’t intended to be a GT500 or even a GT350. This was intended to replace the Bullitt as something more capable than any GT at a price point low enough it is more obtainable than a Shelby. This new Mach 1 will handily beat the Bullitt it replaces. Don’t get me wrong, A cross plane 5.2 with GT350 heads would’ve been amazing! My guess is price point (and fear of encroaching on a Shelby Exclusive 5.2L displacement) got in the way of that.

snakecharmer likes this.
  15. e85svt

e85svt Member Established Member

You make a good point, however the gt500 is for one out of alot of people's budget and two is only available with the dct. Though the dct is sort of the middleman of the conventional torque converter automatic and manual it still doesnt quite provide the driving experience of a true manual transmission. The gt350 is a fine track capable car, however it lacks any kind of automatic transmission and lacks in the power department. Of course not all cars were meant to be perfect but you could see why an individual would wonder between the two. The problem with the mach 1 is is that there isnt enough of a gap between the current third gen coyote and the mach 1. It does have the option for both the automatic and manual but you can only get the manual with the track package car. At the price point this thing will likely be at along with the adms, there are likely better options out there. Not everyone is looking for a track car so if straight line performance or a grand touring car is your thing it's going to be tough to justify the higher price point of the mach 1 even if its exclusive. A naturally aspirated predator would have been nice as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

16. fitforspeed

fitforspeed Active Member Established Member

I think your right on with why Ford did not do the n/a version of the GT 500 motor. I think that would have possibly matched or beaten the GT350 engine, and how would that look to all those who had purchased the lofty GT350? In addition sticking with the Bullitt engine is just another way for Ford to cheap out. Don’t get me wrong, I think the GT350 is/was a great car. I like the Mach1 as well, but Ford left us short by not doing the n/a Gt500 engine. That was what the last Mach1 got, an n/a version of the cobra motor, so why cheap out here Ford? The Mach would have really been a much more special car had they done so. Nice job on the styling, and performance upgrades. There is still time to surprise us with the n/a GT500 engine Ford. Do the right thing Ford and you will sell every one of them and have more waiting to buy. We won’t tell the Gt350 owners how great the Mach1 is, promise

17. Tifosi2003GT

Tifosi2003GT Well-Known Member Established Member

Ford has gotten super lazy in most of it's new car designing... I wouldn't buy any type of new ford product today minus the Raptor or Gt500 which you can't even get at Msrp… Complete Joke and the F150 looks so out of date. New Escape.. I won't even comment on that abortion, Focus doesn't exist, Edge is useless out old, Ecosport…. would rather walk

18. Makobra

Makobra Well-Known Member Established Member

so take a walk...

me32 and Fat Boss like this.
  19. Recon

Recon Well-Known Member Established Member

Such a missed opportunity, but hell what do I know? It looks nice for what it is, but a 500-515hp 5.2 would’ve been friggin awesome. I would’ve heavily considered it as a potential buy if that happened. It’s still the S550 I’d get if I were to get one.

Pick your poison.

me32 and Makobra like this.
  20. mustangc

Everyone wishing they had put a naturally aspirated 5.2 in the Mach 1, I assume you’ve already purchased a GT350 - Ford’s current NA 5.2L car. If you haven’t bought one yet, but are criticizing Ford for not putting that engine in the Mach 1, why?

This car should offer near-GT350 performance and be cheaper.

If you want GT350 performance you will pay Gt350 prices... so just buy a GT350. ‍♂️

Fat Boss likes this.