• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

The 2021 Mach 1 Mustang is Here!!! - Full Details Inside

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jun 16, 2020.

1. ashleyroachclip

ashleyroachclip Well-Known Member Established Member

So most of you , not all , are way to young , to know this , so I will enlighten you.
    The 1969 Mach 1 , was a decal package of the sport roof ( fast back) .
    It got the interior decor , group , with the red floor mat in the carpet, and stripe in the front seats .
    It got more gages , and nicer door panels , not to forget the fake wood grain on the dash and front door panels .
    The base engine was a 2 bbl 302 with a manual 3 speed , and an open 2.79 rear gear .

Earth shaking i know . That scoop you snow flakes are whining about , was an option , was available on the 351 4 bbl , 390 , 428 , the shaker scoop , was functional , the other was just bolted to the hood , with the turn indicator on the back .
    Amazing is it not ?

2. MachME

MachME 2V Power Established Member

The only thing you get, is some minor aero upgrade, added coolers to transmission and rear diff (do GT get this with any PP options?) and the tremec transmission.

Seems underwhelm.

The magnum wheels look nothing like the original, I don't like them. Would need aftermarket option.

me32 likes this.
  3. MachME

Also, if this is supposed to be more track focused, does it have the GT500 oil pan? Don't see anything mentioned about oiling anywhere.

480 hp is same as bullitt with gt350 manifold, are there any other changes inside, IE oil as i said or anything else?

me32 likes this.
  4. einehund

einehund Well-Known Member Established Member

Ford continues to drop the ball. Anyone surprised?

GotHemi?, me32, Lambeau and 2 others like this.
  5. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

The styling is on point IMO. You can't add a shaker to an S550, it just doesn't look right. As @ashleyroachclip mentioned, Ford basically rebadged and glued together the original Mach 1 from a fastback and they are doing the same thing here. It has sufficient performance upgrades for the track. I agree that it is more like a PP3 with Mach 1 styling though. I wouldn't mind owning one, but as @STLR FN points out, why not just look for a gently used 350? IMO the cost for the Mach 1 will rival a gently used 350R, so what would you rather have? Its a no brainer to me.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    2veloce2003 and STLR FN like this.
  6. MachME

At this point, the gt350 because of deprecation and flat plane crank is just cool.

2veloce2003, Blk04L, me32 and 2 others like this.
  7. AustinJ427

AustinJ427 Well-Known Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Tough crowd.

It would look like ass with a shaker. Don't get me wrong, shakers look good on the 69 and the last gen Mach 1, but not this chassis. This isn't the best looking mustang built but if you pull the stickers off of it, it sure would look better.

Probably will run 11.6s-11.7s on hero runs with the 10 speed and it has all the cooling needed to live lap after lap on track, which is a big deal.

It's a well rounded car.

Tob likes this.
  8. 03 DSG Snake

03 DSG Snake Unknown Cyborg Established Member

Eh.

9. Coiled03

Coiled03 Well-Known Member Established Member

I like the color scheme on the white one, and........well.....that's about it.

me32 and kcobra like this.
  10. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

Exactly, especially the R. I've been browsing R's lately and a low mileage example of a 2017 or 2018 can be had for mid $50's. By next spring when the Mach 1 comes out you will be able to get a 2018-19 R for the same amount as a Mach 1. A regular 350 will be cheaper than the Mach!

I agree it is a well rounded car, but Ford needed to take the next step with this model. Its a Bullitt motor with different styling and minimal performance upgrades. I like it, but if you're going to charge $60K (I bet a well-equipped version will be $60K) you gotta do better than that. If you rolled this out with a price point of $45k - $50K guys would like it more.

11. PikleRick

PikleRick Well-Known Member Established Member

Boring. Nothing special or reminiscent of the mach of ole. What a shame. Another gt with extra parts. No shaker, not special engine, this will go down as a loss to me.

kcobra likes this.
  12. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

The car is nice for what it is. It is also indicative of where monies are budgeted. The phaseout has begun.

13. 96gt02

96gt02 Well-Known Member Established Member

Glad to see they went back to the 11-14 style grill, looks much better then a standard GT and definitely the Bullitt, the TR-3160 is a nice touch too. But in end it really is just a nicer looking bullitt which is disappointing

14. SteedaGT

SteedaGT Keebler Racing Established Member

I guess I’m the odd man out here on this one. I like it a lot! Like others have said, it’s a PP2 with an auto available which checks all of my boxes. 350 is out of the question because the wifey won’t drive a manual.

I think the styling is on point, with what I assume to be, the appearance package with the big wing.

I’ve never liked the Bullitt styling so that was never in the cards either. The white Mach shown is gorgeous.

4sdvenom likes this.
  15. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Well-Known Member Established Member

I like it! More HP would have been nice, but the overall package is on point. I would definitely buy one, though the likelihood of finding a Ford dealer around me that won't jack the price over sticker is nil to none.

jpro likes this.
  16. tc3nitall4

tc3nitall4 SVT Attitude Established Member

I like it, not sad about no scoop/shaker as i think it would look terrible on this body style. I do wish they would have maybe incorporated the 70s ram air scoops in the front of the hood.

17. ON D BIT

ON D BIT Finish First Established Member

I stopped reading after it said, said Jim Farley....

me32 likes this.
  18. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Keep'um smiling Established Member

WoW! What a tough crowd we Ford lovers are! No sheeple in here. We expect so much more, as we should. These things will deprecate like a pet rock.

2veloce2003, GotHemi? and me32 like this.
  19. Shaneyusa

Shaneyusa Member Established Member

20. jvandy50

jvandy50 Well-Known Member Established Member

if it they'd just bumped up to the tr6060 i think it'd be more complete, let everyone just choose their boost and go