The 2018 Mustang is Here - Full Details Inside

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I wonder is the gauge cluster is swappable with some work. 10 spd auto would be a nice upgrade if it is an easy swap. Can't wait for some wrecked cars hahaha.

Now what changes for the 2020 Mustang, new body again? Might carry over the same upgraded 5.0. I have a feeling the electric/hybrid Mustang will replace hole the V6 "left" and fit into the slot between the eco and 5.0.

I also have a feeling this 10 spd auto will also be in the GT500 as well which seems likely for the 2018 and 2019 model years. On other hand what happens to the GT350 for 2018 upgrade/facelift wise.

V6 is already being dropped for 2018. Idk if he hybrid will replace the 4cyl or just be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusten

Established Member
I wonder is the gauge cluster is swappable with some work. 10 spd auto would be a nice upgrade if it is an easy swap. Can't wait for some wrecked cars hahaha.

Now what changes for the 2020 Mustang, new body again? Might carry over the same upgraded 5.0. I have a feeling the electric/hybrid Mustang will replace hole the V6 "left" and fit into the slot between the eco and 5.0.

I also have a feeling this 10 spd auto will also be in the GT500 as well which seems likely for the 2018 and 2019 model years. On other hand what happens to the GT350 for 2018 upgrade/facelift wise.
The v6 drop isn't creating a hole. It was the base engine.
And it's been says numerous times a gt500 isn't coming for 2018

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
289 is just as easily a throwback to the old mustang v8.

Yes, but wasn't the 260 V8 what was first offered when the Mustang first came out? As you may know, there's been a rumor that Ford might be bringing a 4.8 V8 out and IMO, that number in the cluster could mean something. And then again, it could be just as you said.

87hatchy

Established Member
"GT owners will enjoy a manual transmission that has been totally redesigned"

Is it still an MT82 or is the manual going to be something new?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Read the trip mileage backwards.. MSRP?!?

If any of the other Easter eggs are true, I'd be more inclined to believe that it represents the date we'll see a pre-production GT500 (1/12/18) and/or the date it will start hitting showrooms (11/2/18). If Ford sets an MSRP of $81K, that better be one hell of a GT500!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
"GT owners will enjoy a manual transmission that has been totally redesigned"

Is it still an MT82 or is the manual going to be something new?

hoping its the Tremec out of the GT350, TR-3160 or a 6060...if not I sure hope the MT-82 had its deficiencies addressed...namely shift dogs/pads, forks and shift stop.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
If any of the other Easter eggs are true, I'd be more inclined to believe that it represents the date we'll see a pre-production GT500 (1/12/18) and/or the date it will start hitting showrooms (11/2/18). If Ford sets an MSRP of $81K, that better be one hell of a GT500!

You might be on to something here. And right, $81k is insane to think but if it does come with a 755hp TT powerplant with CF wheels.. who knows.

Clemson

Established Member
My opinion obviously, but between the softened lines and small cube / turbo engines, and plush ride all necessitated by the eco restrictions and need for world market appeal, this car is becoming less and less a mustang to me. Its starting to blend way too much in with the fusions and camrys of the world. Sure youll have the newer is better crowd snapping them up, but I for one, am glad I have the last of the true muscle car mustangs.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I see your point but it could also translate "the mustang is now becoming less of a pile of shit"

That's a little harsh.

I look at it more as the Mustang is finally becoming a more rounded and formidable sports car. It's finally on its way to being a "working man's" Porsche 911.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't think it looks bad in the pictures, and i'm sure it will look better in person, too. I wasn't sold on several of the 2015 styling features, especially the tail lights, until I saw it in person.

This refresh is merely a stepping stone to the 2020 S650 update. Updated chassis, and styling to allow a hybrid drive-train.

I was hoping for an aluminum chassis for 2020, but now I am thinking more along the lines of they are just making room to mount a 400 pound battery plus the electric motors and everything else necessary for a hybrid setup.

At least that 400+ pounds will help lower the Cg for those who choose to get a hybrid mustang, not that the added weight would do it any favors on a track.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
maybe the easter egg is foreshadowing the next gen, S650, mustang will msrp $80k! :eek:

at the rate we're going, we'll get there within our lifetime. a fully loaded, convertible mustang gt, for $80k lol.

it will be world class though. world class folks.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
maybe the easter egg is foreshadowing the next gen, S650, mustang will msrp $80k! :eek:

at the rate we're going, we'll get there within our lifetime. a fully loaded, convertible mustang gt, for $80k lol.

it will be world class though. world class folks.

@80K that S650 better have T-Tops...I wanna bring the mullet back, but it will probably be a skullet by then...

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I don't know, I'm just not really feeling the design. Will have to save my overall opinion for seeing one in person but right now, I think my next car will probably be an import. Foreign cars are looking pretty good right now. Even the new Camrys and Accords. This car almost looks pretty good but the hood shape kinda reminds me of...
img453.gif

Clemson

Established Member
80k turbo, all wheel drive, gender neutral, road coarse carving, porshe wanna-be mustang....cant wait o_O

Then a new car to fill the void of what the mustang used to be before they ruined it.

tbi0904

Established Member
This car is gonna be pricey optioned out. Not crazy about the spoiler (thankfully it's an option) but other than that it looks pretty good. Looks are subjective and every time the Mustang gets redesigned people cry that the car is ruined. Every time. The interior looks sharp (again optioned out) and it should be pretty quick. They'll sell well imo.

jtfx6552

Established Member
What will this do to 17 and 18 GT350 demand? Will 17s become easier to get as people might want the new dash in the 18?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Ford will likely not allow a hybrid drivetrain with other features such as the PP, and those who want a non hybrid GT PP may not be able to get some interior accoutrements available on the hybrids.

That being said, I think a fully optioned mustang (non shelby) hybrid will be close to 8k more than the current model with an automatic, convertible, etc. Assuming 6k option for the hybrid, and another 2k for typical price hikes due to inflation, material changes, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread