The 05 Recall on Mustangs

sonicboom141

I want a cobra!
Established Member
didnt they already have another car that had a mass recall...this started off as a bad year it seems.

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
I never have liked them. When I went to the dealership looking for a Cobra the guy tried to get me in one, and he wouldn't leave me alone about it.

It does suck, though, because a LOT of America was really geared up about them.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Ford really needs to come back perfect on the next Cobra. No recalls at all

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
SQ Stang said:

Yes, they do. I wonder how the company is financially. Mitsubishi is releasing a new Eclipse soon.. if that flops Mitsu will for sure go under.

A company can only !@$% up so many times.. but Ford, I don't know, they've been around for a long time.

tvguy

SQ Stang said:

I've said this once, I'll say it again. Here's my comment on another thread about the future Cobra.

My guess is Ford nor Carrol Shelby will create a "Cobra". The plug will be pulled on both vehicles. They are NOT bread winners by any means. And two years from now, "money" will be even more important than now. And right now, it's EVERYTHING. 2 out of the 3 SVT vehicles are already dead. That's enough for me to be realistic about the next "Cobra" and it's demise. Yea, I'm the "doom" guy.
pacotaco

Add: NO ONE knows how big this recall is. I sure the hell hope it doesn't affect every Mustang GT. I would want a refund if I bought one and they want to replace the heads so soon. Let alone the engine. Don't know how accurate this info is from Blue Oval News, but if it's even partially correct it's bad. New cars of course do have recalls, but it's not like this engine is totally new to Ford. No matter, this is not good and I feel for anyone new owner that has to go through this potential recall.
pacotaco

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Why is everyone surprised?

96 Cobra…. Major cooling problem
99 Cobra…..Major HP issue
03 Cobra…..Famous head ticking

Now the revamped 05

What makes everyone think the 2007 Cobra will not have issues??

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
If its a defective head causing the compression issues, can't they just slap a new head on at the dealer then give them a free bottle of touch up paint for their trouble? :pepper:

Thrust

Established Member
PLEASE do not belive everything that you read on BON. They will post anything negative that they find on Ford with little to no investigation. Just take what you see over there as a rumor that hasen't yet been proven.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
SnkBtn99 said:
BS .... BON BS that is ....

I think its more accurate to call it a bit over dramatized.

Supposedly they caught most before they got into customer hands but a few got out. No big deal a manufacturing defect they caught and now are taking care of it. Let me say that it is defenitely not they only issue they are working on right now.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Hey at least there willing to recall it. Instead of waiting for someone to sue or get hurt. Yeah it's inconvient but at least you get your car fixed for free. Very true 03DOHC!

69hahaha

Established Member
I will ask around and look into it today at work but so far have not heard of it. And I know that if it's true it will suck and look bad, but no car is perfect and this is something pretty new to Ford. So at least they caught on to it now and are taking care of it.

69hahaha

Established Member
Just looked on FMC Dealer and Oasis and searched for anything on the 05 Mustang and got nothing. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Users who are viewing this thread