"That" sound

MJR0189

Established Member
Kind of an odd question here I guess, but I've always wondered: What gives the GT such a distinctive sound? It sounds like no other 5.4 Ford V8. Even the 13/14 GT500 which uses the GT heads doesn't sound close. The GT has such a deep, rumble-y roar, especially with a nice exhaust system. The Ford Racing long tube headers make these cars sound like absolute monsters. So guys, what's the secret to the thunderous exhaust note?

bret a ewing

Established Member
The GT program had a whole 'nuther bunch of guys designing/engineering the car, clean sheet, I think that had a lot to do with it.

flattrack53

Established Member
This was at my house this year. The last car in the series is a twin to mine............minus cats and mufflers, it only has an X pipe.
This thing is deafening, the video cannot capture the absolutely wicked decibel level.......nothing can, this is ear bleed level.

Payment for the show: #5 - YouTube

Damn, that gt sounds great! Looks like a nice little party you had. I have been trying to get my dad to do some mods to his but I am not sure about the drone inside the car.

bret a ewing

Established Member
Hehe, suprisingly it is not obnoxious at lower rpms but impossible to be near the exhaust without attenuation at anything above 3k.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I've heard, and this only rumors, but the massive boners people get around FGTs tend to have a unique vibration not present in other cars, where the penis is merely flaccid.

Posted via Topify on Android

CAMMD97GT

Build in Progress
Established Member
This was at my house this year. The last car in the series is a twin to mine............minus cats and mufflers, it only has an X pipe.
This thing is deafening, the video cannot capture the absolutely wicked decibel level.......nothing can, this is ear bleed level.

Payment for the show: #5 - YouTube

Thanks for posting! What a great sound!! Edit: Oops sorry, just realized that this is an old post.

Stainless Works

Established Member
More eye candy....

EPEX15060-1-l_zpsbc99e859.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread