Thanks LethalPerformance! & **partial whipple rant**

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I just wanted to drop another thanks to all the staff at Lethal Performance. I've made another few recent purchases including a MagnaFlow Catback exhaust, and a Whipple blower kit for my new 2007 F150 FX4. Lethal Performance has always given me prompt, friendly, accurate service since day one. This is what makes me a repeat customer and send new prospective customers their way. Lethal kicks ass!

:fm:Now on to my rant:fm:

I would never recommend the Whipple kit to anyone since half the parts were missing, wrong, welded crooked, or not even threaded correctly. I actually had to TAP my own threads on 2 different connections. WTF?

Whipple's idea of customer service on a 5,000.00+ kit is to charge me 30 bucks for quick shipping on a part they SHOULD have had in the damn box in the first place.

SID297 and I worked on this install for 3 days, not because we had a lack of tools, space, beer or intelligence, but because of the multiple part runs/fixes we had to do. How hard is it to have a packaging manifest and count the stuff that you are supposed to put in the box?

/rant off

Anyways now I feel better. As soon as Rick from Amazon refines the tune in this thing, it should be pretty badass. If anyone is coming to Mustang Week 2008, stop by the SVTPerformance Truck/Trailer and say hi. :beer:

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just wanted to drop another thanks to all the staff at Lethal Performance. I've made another few recent purchases including a MagnaFlow Catback exhaust, and a Whipple blower kit for my new 2007 F150 FX4. Lethal Performance has always given me prompt, friendly, accurate service since day one. This is what makes me a repeat customer and send new prospective customers their way. Lethal kicks ass!

:fm:Now on to my rant:fm:

I would never recommend the Whipple kit to anyone since half the parts were missing, wrong, welded crooked, or not even threaded correctly. I actually had to TAP my own threads on 2 different connections. WTF?

Whipple's idea of customer service on a 5,000.00+ kit is to charge me 30 bucks for quick shipping on a part they SHOULD have had in the damn box in the first place.

SID297 and I worked on this install for 3 days, not because we had a lack of tools, space, beer or intelligence, but because of the multiple part runs/fixes we had to do. How hard is it to have a packaging manifest and count the stuff that you are supposed to put in the box?

/rant off

Anyways now I feel better. As soon as Rick from Amazon refines the tune in this thing, it should be pretty badass. If anyone is coming to Mustang Week 2008, stop by the SVTPerformance Truck/Trailer and say hi. :beer:

Hey Rich,

Thanks for your continued support bro. We've been dealing with each other for several years now and you're always a pleasure to deal with. We'll always do our best to offer you the same service you got from us from day 1.

I'm definitely sorry to hear about the negative experience with your Whipple kit. It's unfortunate and definitely sux that you got caught up in it. Typically that's not how Whipple works as they are usually on point and have everything you need included in the kit. I guess you caught them on one of their off days.

I also feel you on the overnight shipping stuff. It's something that we deal with here all the time. When we mess up an order or ship a wrong part we obviously ship out the correct one right away so the customer can finish their product. We typically don't ship the replacement part through an expedited service but do so with ground shipping. Sometimes it's a judgment call though to upgrade the shipping at no charge. It's done on a case by case basis and it appears that yours was chosen to ship ground by whomever made that call.

Whatever it may be everyone has their bad days. In this case it seems like it was not only Whipple but you as well since you're the one that had to deal with this situation.

Hopefully once you get the truck up and running and you finally see the benefits of your hard work these issues will somewhat forgotten and replaced with the feeling that you made the right decision going with that kick ass blower!

Not sure if I'm going to make it up to Mustang Week this year but if I make it up to VA Beach this summer we'll definitely have to meet up.

Thanks again for all your support Rich and Travis as well for referring you to Lethal Performance!

Users who are viewing this thread