Thank you

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
It appears to be coming from between the block and adapter, or is it dripping from a weep hole? All the o rings are replaced and installed correctly?
Weird. Everything is tight?
Another option is to delete the oil cooler. Many say they aren't needed anyway unless you are doing Auto X etc

brucesvt

Established Member
It appears to be coming from between the block and adapter, or is it dripping from a weep hole? All the o rings are replaced and installed correctly?
Weird. Everything is tight?
Another option is to delete the oil cooler. Many say they aren't needed anyway unless you are doing Auto X etc

Going to check once more this weekend to see if I missed anything. Yes all the gaskets have been replaced.

This is how she sits now after the H&R springs
imagejpeg_0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The ride height/stance looks really good now. Amazing how much springs can affect the overall appearance of the car.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I've never seen anyone not fix the weep with new o-rings. How/how much are you tightening oil filter stem? A lot of people have success just tightening that further. It's a 1/2 allen.

If you truly start bashing your head against the wall, you could always delete it the cooler. Ford calling it an oil cooler was a bit deceptive as it really does not serve as an oil cooler. If you read into them a bit they were designed to heat the oil to bring it up to temp faster for emissions purposes. People have been deleting them in street car and drag race applications for years. Probably the most common and cheapest/easiest way to do it is to get a GT water/oil-filter adapter. This part is a straight replacement for the oil cooler and you don't even have to modify any of your coolant hoses.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I've never seen anyone not fix the weep with new o-rings. How/how much are you tightening oil filter stem? A lot of people have success just tightening that further. It's a 1/2 allen.

My car had the loose oil filter stem after an oil change. No coolant leak though, it was oil leaking.

BigScott96

Established Member
After searching for what seemed for ever(3 1/2 years) i will finally be a cobra owner again this Saturday. Thank you all during this time answering my questions on the countless cobras, but it was my brother who actually made me pull the trigger on it.
https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-mustang-svt-cobra-3500/6296200224.html
Paid less and shipped

It's going to be a project for sure, but I am in a sn95 cobra again. My wife already bought from 18inch fr500s. Here are pics from the seller. Hopefully I inspect it and still remember how to drive a stick again lol

View attachment 1447329
View attachment 1447330
View attachment 1447331
View attachment 1447332

Congrats!! Love the SN95. I just got mine back win Nov! THESE ARE THE MOST PASSED OVER CARS ARUND RIGHT NOW!!! Just remember when everyone knocked the foxbodys and you could buy one for a song and a dance. Now a POS is 10K. Good luck and can't wait to see the mods and when its done. By the way. THIS FORUM IS AMAZING AND SO HELPFUL!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

BigScott96

Established Member
I know you want 4.10 but I was wondering if there was a specific reason. Reason I ask is the T-56 has a low 1st gear (2.66) and adding a 4.10 rear gear makes 1st gear pretty much useless. Good Lord, with the 4.3 I can't imagine every using 1st gear. LOL. Again, just curious.
CobraBob You are correct! I have a 96 the PO did 456 gears and my first gear is useless. Except for turning my back tires to butter. I am leaving them in because when I posted here everyone said 410-411 would not be much difference. I am adding a KB blowzilla and I can't even imagine 1st will be usable once I add that.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
CobraBob You are correct! I have a 96 the PO did 456 gears and my first gear is useless. Except for turning my back tires to butter. I am leaving them in because when I posted here everyone said 410-411 would not be much difference. I am adding a KB blowzilla and I can't even imagine 1st will be usable once I add that.

KB + 3.73

brucesvt

Established Member
Update
Finally got to work on her today after a couple months. Got rid of the oil cooler and went with GT oil adapter(sorry don’t know the correct name).
But looks like I will need to just delete the coolant crossover over since it started leaking lol I can’t catch a break with this build.
If anyone knows what parts are needed to make one please let me know.

But I did complete the COP swap on it as well. Forgot to take pics

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

brucesvt

Established Member
A little update.
I had finally found save a little to purchase a MGW shifter. And a porch pirate stole it this week. (Yup that’s my luck)

Still waiting to install the IRS exhaust in the next month or so.

FYI dealing with usps has been a nightmare.
IMG_9878.jpg

SN95COBRALOVER

Established Member
A little update.
I had finally found save a little to purchase a MGW shifter. And a porch pirate stole it this week. (Yup that’s my luck)

Still waiting to install the IRS exhaust in the next month or so.

FYI dealing with usps has been a nightmare. View attachment 1773857

sorry for that loss. porch pirates have no idea what they are stealing most of the time, do you have cameras on your property? or signs stating that you have cameras?

brucesvt

Established Member
sorry for that loss. porch pirates have no idea what they are stealing most of the time, do you have cameras on your property? or signs stating that you have cameras?

No we don’t have any cameras but we just installed them after this.

Our neighbors had no cameras aswell

brucesvt

Established Member
**2023 update ***
Hey guys sorry I have not been active on hear this past year. But life happened and I didn’t get to finish my project since I was in and out of the hospital and other life events happened to me.

But I am looking for a 8 bolt bottom end if anyone has a one for sale in the southwest. And also looking for sve wheels

Goal for 2024 is to fix it finally and drive it.

This is how the car sits now. Outside my friends house
IMG_3453.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Bruce what happened? I'm glad you are ok.
Wasn't the car running before?
Do you still have those Ultralite wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread