Thank you

brucesvt

Established Member
Not the fastest but she’s coming along nicely. Sorry for the dirty pic that’s what they sent me
IMG_8357.JPG

brucesvt

Established Member
Down the stretch guys does anyone have a coolant crossover with the two sensors on one side if possible. I always thought it had one on each side but apparently my ex father in law says other wise

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Established Member
You’re gonna love 4.30’s backed up to that DOHC!

When I owned my prior 96 SVT Cobra, I was in a group of Corral Members back in the day to be only of a few and the brave to install 4.30’s.... everyone was saying wrong gear blah blah blah... but once a few of us did it, everyone and their grandmother was popping 4.30’s into N/A DOHC’s as a first mod...

Those 4.30’s woke up the car big time - AND my actual MPGs approved around town because the car was not “lugging” in lower gears with the craptastic 3.08’s... (why Ford ever thought it was a great idea to put 3.08’s into a platform with the T45 gearing and ability to rev our to 7-7.5k RPM’s is beyond me).

You will definitely notice drivability improvements and will love pulling away using gears 1-4...

Post back once you get them installed.

jmsa540

Established Member
3.27s, not 3.08s.
You’re gonna love 4.30’s backed up to that DOHC!

When I owned my prior 96 SVT Cobra, I was in a group of Corral Members back in the day to be only of a few and the brave to install 4.30’s.... everyone was saying wrong gear blah blah blah... but once a few of us did it, everyone and their grandmother was popping 4.30’s into N/A DOHC’s as a first mod...

Those 4.30’s woke up the car big time - AND my actual MPGs approved around town because the car was not “lugging” in lower gears with the craptastic 3.08’s... (why Ford ever thought it was a great idea to put 3.08’s into a platform with the T45 gearing and ability to rev our to 7-7.5k RPM’s is beyond me).

You will definitely notice drivability improvements and will love pulling away using gears 1-4...

Post back once you get them installed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Steve96cobra

Established Member
I dont want to be a downer but your subframe connectors are not installed correctly... at the rear in your photo they should not extend past the subframe. Maybe im missing something because i cant figure out why he cut that opening in connector for that bolt... what is that bolt for? And why do they extend so far back?
I recently installed MM full connectors on my car and followed instructions to the T. And that just doesn’t look rite. Like i said maybe there is a good reason and Im curious?

The new radiator/hoses has been installed along with subframes. And new hubs and tie rods.
Even had my windows tinted just missing the ac. Will align the car this week. I love my ex father in law he was always like my second father. View attachment 1633460View attachment 1633461

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
The new radiator/hoses has been installed along with subframes. And new hubs and tie rods.
Even had my windows tinted just missing the ac. Will align the car this week. I love my ex father in law he was always like my second father. View attachment 1633460View attachment 1633461

brucesvt

Established Member
Sorry for the late reply finally got back to 100% after having covid. I’ll check the car when I finally get it up here to me.
Got a ac compressor just need long tubes and a stifflers jacking rail. Got these as gift for Xmas. These are brand new aodhan ah04 18x9.5
View attachment 1679438

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

brucesvt

Established Member
So a couple weeks ago I posted about loosing my motivation for this project since it’s in another state. But thanks to you all I got the motivation back.
Got a couple parts for it:
-timing chains,guides etc
-stifflers jacking rails
-new nitto tires

Just need long tubes, a 250lhp fuel pump, carbon clutches (since I have 4.30s waiting for install) and head gasket kit

Then my father in-law can install everything.

IMG_1979.jpg
IMG_2228.JPG
IMG_2232.jpg

Last edited:

dkblue98gt

Established Member
Hey Bruce, there is a guy near Albuquerque with a set of BBK headers for sale. I bought my Mac headers from him a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if he still has them or will ship but it's worth a look.

Here is a link to his ad.
Car is looking good!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good to hear that you've got your motivation back, Bruce. And also good that you have a great father-in-law for the installs. The project moves forward!!
upload_2021-3-5_9-46-43.png

Users who are viewing this thread