Thank you

brucesvt

Established Member
No longer putting on the long tubes so they are going for sale if any one wants a good price on headers. And my cop swap will go for sale next weekend as well.
Saving up for a coyote swap

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

brucesvt

Established Member
Got to drive the car this evening after work and yes the throttle is more responsive. Now to tackle the signal light issue lol god I hate this car

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Got to drive the car this evening after work and yes the throttle is more responsive. Now to tackle the signal light issue lol god I hate this car

It's a love / hate relationship. Ask any questions if you have them. Someone here likely has an answer.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

brucesvt

Established Member
Did the best mod you can do to a sn 95. Added atleast 26rwhp lol
IMG_4239.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

brucesvt

Established Member
So today I fixed my turn signal issue I had been having since day one that got this car. The clutch pedal was rubbing through a harness and shorting the turn signals.
Took it out around the neighborhood since it’s not registered yet. My temp gauge went crazy lol can’t catch a break with this baby. Hopefully it’s the cluster not reading correctly since it’s a replacement from another cobra
IMG_4314.JPG
IMG_4313.JPG

brucesvt

Established Member
Guys I have a full cop swap for sale in the market section
Also have Long tubes with h pipe for sale as well.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
So today I fixed my turn signal issue I had been having since day one that got this car. The clutch pedal was rubbing through a harness and shorting the turn signals.
Took it out around the neighborhood since it’s not registered yet. My temp gauge went crazy lol can’t catch a break with this baby. Hopefully it’s the cluster not reading correctly since it’s a replacement from another cobra

When I pulled all my harnesses I noticed the same thing on my body harness. I'd put good money on all of these cars needing to have that addressed.

brucesvt

Established Member
So after two years of brining this car back to life and in the process helping me deal with my mothers passing. And dealing with many headaches along the way.
I decided to gift my 96 cobra to my oldest (she’s the one with the big smile and the phone in her hand LOL). I had to move away due to work and couldn’t bring the car with me so it will be her first car.

Hopefully she doesn’t LS swap it

IMG_5505.jpg

Last edited:

brucesvt

Established Member
UPDATE
As many of you know by my other post my daughter didn’t want the car. So my ex father in-law and his nephew have started to work on my cobra since he was going crazy sitting at the house. They just installed a MM 4 point brace, welded full length subframes, and replaced a couple of coolant hoses. They will be getting the an alignment on the car. I am so happy I didn’t expect this.

They sent me this pic yesterday
IMG_7788.JPG

brucesvt

Established Member
The new radiator/hoses has been installed along with subframes. And new hubs and tie rods.
Even had my windows tinted just missing the ac. Will align the car this week. I love my ex father in law he was always like my second father.
IMG_7823.JPG
IMG_7825.JPG

brucesvt

Established Member
My ex father in law is at it. He found a t45 from a 99 cobra. And installed it since my old trans didn’t have 3rd or 4th. Fixed all vacuum leaks and fixed the exhaust leak it had. Now If someone wants to donate a ac lol jk .. I am paying him back little by little even if he doesn’t want to.
IMG_7877.JPG
IMG_7878.JPG
IMG_7876.JPG

shurur

Established Member
You may have trouble getting the AC hoses and shit for your year.

I had to update all my 1999 stuff to 2001.
I suspect the 2001 stuff will work for you as well.

otherwise you will need used crap or have to find new stuff piece-meal.

There is a recent thread in the newedge cobra forum about it with a complete list of part numbers for the whole shebang.

I use discount ac part site for my ac stuff...both the audi and the mustang..no complaints.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/1999-cobra-ac-line-condenser-to-compressor.1163779/

Also keep your HP sensor as the sensor changed along with the harness connector in 2000-2001...so you will want to swap your older HP sensor over to keep your connector.

The new harness connector is pricey at $20+ to $30 bucks.

Both sensors are still available though...

Someday I will get the newer connector and leave both connectors in!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread