Thank you Nick and Mike Anderson

I'm thankful for the opportunity to have purchased my 2020 GT500 from you. Yesterday was a great day.

For anyone here that doesn't know Nick, his family runs a Ford dealership in Excelsior Springs, Missouri. I had the pleasure of meeting Nick and his father there yesterday and left with an Oxford White beast. I'm still a zombie after spending more than a day traveling there and back to Upstate, NY. I was in a hurry to beat some nasty weather and it somehow worked as planned. I'll share more after some cognitive function returns but this was how it played out in a nutshell.

The car was manufactured a couple of months ago at the Flat Rock plant.

55466-XL.jpg

Once produced, it sat there for about a month. It finally shipped via railcar to the Voltz yard in Missouri where it then had a "Hold" placed on it from Ford meaning it would be a prisoner there for some time. After another month of sitting, Nick was successful in getting mine and another member's car out of there and to his dealership. Shots from the prison yard...

62233-XL.jpg

62232-XL.jpg

I planned on flying in and driving home some time ago but the delays here pushed me from November to the end of December to mid January. Mother nature had to cooperate as there was no way I was driving home (1,000 miles from MO to NY) in snow or on ice. I saw a two day window where temps looked to be either right at freezing or slightly above so I quickly got a ticket and flew out yesterday, early in the morning. When I landed there was snow on the ground at the airport but some afternoon sun turned much of it to water. Anyway, it was a good day, albeit a long one. Nick and his father made it one of the most enjoyable buying experiences of my lifetime.

IMG_6340-XL.jpg

IMG_6349-X2.jpg

IMG_6344-X3.jpg

And now at home...

IMG_6392-X3.jpg

I don't get it. Appendix gone. Half my heart - poof. Now the gall bladder. I think someone is stealing my body parts and slowly putting together another me!
:)

Every time I go to the hospital and see sick kids or patients dying from something like cancer I'm reminded how there is always someone fighting a worse battle than you. I made it through and have a few more scars now and am limited for a bit in terms of mobility but I think I'll be back on track and under this fat pig soon enough.

I don't get it. Appendix gone. Half my heart - poof. Now the gall bladder. I think someone is stealing my body parts and slowly putting together another me!
:)

Every time I go to the hospital and see sick kids or patients dying from something like cancer I'm reminded how there is always someone fighting a worse battle than you. I made it through and have a few more scars now and am limited for a bit in terms of mobility but I think I'll be back on track and under this fat pig soon enough.
Stay Strong and hope all is well.. Enjoy that New ride!

Good point Earl.
Having a new car in the garage is the best release from post op pain and a motivator to get better, even subconsciously.
Stay hydrated and don’t forget stool softeners, you definitely don’t want to be straining.
Plus, even tho the car ain’t light, you’ve taken a few po
unds off the jockey. :)
Looks great in the spec you got and I bet such a polar opposite to the Fox you’ve been tinkering with.
Get well soon, spring days will be coming up soon !
-J

Dayum J, that is an outlook simply too positive for me to handle! The cars definitely shift the focus but the weather is like a slap of reality that you can't hide from. I'd be out working on both were we in a San Diego-like climate but that just ain't the case. It does give me plenty of time to fine tune a plan of attack and to start stockpiling hardware. And I have promised myself I won't abandon the Fox for the fine ass fatty that stole her prime parking spot.

Still waiting for some info and pics on what appeared to be a charcoal grey notchback?
If I lived closer , I’d come help shovel you out .

It's a '90 LX HO. I gutted the chassis and started off clean.

Out back:
3:55, Torsen T2R, Superior 31 spline axles, discs, with a Maximum panhard bar, coil over Bilstein shocks, tubular control arms with heims, torque arm, adjustable sway bar.

Front: Maximum k-member, Fox length forward offset control arms, '96 spindles, Bilstein MM2 Race struts, MM sway bar/relocated, subs, STB, etc. So ball joint centerlines are moved forward 1.5 inches. Engine has 1" setback.

Engine: I built this in the garage last winter. Factory roller block, crank, rods, Performer RPM heads, roller rockers are 1.6, Air Gap intake, Edelbrock water pump, Holley 650 vacuum secondary, E303 cam, Edelbrock mechanical fuel pump, FRPP 7 quart pan, Melling oil pump, ARP distributor shaft, MSD Digital box and distributor, 130 amp alt, custom balancer, ASP pulleys, I did custom brackets in my shop to lower the accessories way down. Fluidyne radiator, Contour fans, custom controller, custom upper hose, fittings, etc. I installed a new tank, bent new copper/nickel lines and ran on the driver side, switched to ptfe flexible braided up front to connect to the pump.

Exhaust: FRPP ceramic shorties, Bassani stainless off road X, Walker Dynomax stainless mufflers and tailpipes.

Driveline: FRPP billet steel flywheel, clutch, Lakewood b/h, custom fork, MM cable and quadrant, TR3550 trans with MGW shifter, custom length (for setback) aluminum driveshaft.

Brakes: Rear discs straight from M2300k kit, fronts are '00R Brembos, custom 2 piece rotors/hats, M2300K booster and master cylinder, adjustable proportioning valve, ARP wheel studs, new stainless brake lines.

Steering: '03-'04 rack (new), MM solid steering shaft, '89 tilt column, Fox length inner tie rod ends, MM bump steer kit, MM rack bushings, MM C/C plates. I set the alignment at:
+6° caster
-1.125° camber
1/16" toe in

Wheels are XXR 531's, 18 x 11 on all four's, 295/30/18 front, 315/30/18 rear, MM 5/8" wheel spacers up front.

Chassis and engine are done, focus this summer will be on the body and hopefully can the begin the interior. Flares are Tiger/Chicane carbon fiber, hood from Cervinis with a GT4 louvered vent from Tracspec. Fender vents are from them as well. Saleen air dam from Cervinis. Working on adapting a GT350 rear spoiler too.

Gallery of the engine...
Fox 302 Build - T G

Locked the door to my shop so the wife didn't know what I was up to and did this the night before we left for open heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. I knew I'd be weak for months and wanted to get it done, so...

20190309_182646-X3.jpg

20190310_165938-XL.jpg

@Tob Hot Damn! Notch looks incredible!!!
Buffalo is only 7-8 hrs away ....
What a gorgeous peaceful looking location too! I have the sister (OW w/ black roof w black stripes ) on order.

Yeah, this is probably my last hurrah with a Fox so I wanted a stupid tired, flared bitch with a simple old school powerplant. It was pretty damn liberating yanking all the fuel injection harnesses and related hardware and replacing it with the utmost in simplicity. It'll be a swap away from a 363 if I feel the need but for now the focus is to finish it off so I have something to get groceries with or for doctor's appointments.:)

IMG_6186-X2.jpg

Anyway, enough of the hooptie. I'm excited for you and hope Ford can streamline the process for the next run of 2020's. Love the combination you chose and can't wait to see this phat ass sista you have coming, birthed.

IMG_6388-X3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread